Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starbucks noob... enlighten me people...

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    im not exactly a daily starbucks go-er... based on general impression from the media and people, thought id try it given that theres one in my uni...
    got a large cappuccino and a small frappuccino (spelling?), based on the taste of the former, and simply the looks of the other, i should have done the opposite regarding the sizes...

they seem to have a few different kinds of drinks with different variations of said drinks, so enlighten me tsr... what drinks/variations should i try next...
    on top of that, the hells a latte in comparison?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    im not exactly a daily starbucks go-er... based on general impression from the media and people, thought id try it given that theres one in my uni...
    got a large cappuccino and a small frappuccino (spelling?), based on the taste of the former, and simply the looks of the other, i should have done the opposite regarding the sizes...

they seem to have a few different kinds of drinks with different variations of said drinks, so enlighten me tsr... what drinks/variations should i try next...
    on top of that, the hells a latte in comparison?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starbucks_secret_menu.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	148649
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijipo)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starbucks_secret_menu.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	148649
    WHAAAAAT??

Oh... After some research, it appears that they don't seem to do this in the UK...

You had me so excited!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    tasted the caramel frap just now... definitely should have got a large....
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    WHAAAAAT??

Oh... After some research, it appears that they don't seem to do this in the UK...

You had me so excited!
    It's not on the actual menu. The 'secret menu' is basically things you can ask for to be added to your drink to make it better (fan-made, I think).
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    go to cafe nero - starbucks has about as much coffee as the bottle of aftershave in my desk does,

weak mildly tasting of coffee warm milk
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't go Starbucks for coffee, it's for sitting there conspicuously typing on your Mac so people think you're a sophisticated working professional doing something important
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks
    Frappucinos and choc/hazelnut muffins

Caffe Nero
    Hot chocolates/iced coffee/hot coffee/sandwiches

Costa
    Everything's good... lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I always have a Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate, it is to die for. Especially when paired with a rocky road.
    • 23 followers

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    You don't go Starbucks for coffee, it's for sitting there conspicuously typing on your Mac so people think you're a sophisticated working professional doing something important
    Inevitable someone posted a populer negative stereotype about starbucks for a few reps when I'm willing to bet you actually go and do the same :holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    there arent any chairs...

not so much as a starbucks building, more of a starbucks stall ( but permanently situated) that has been integrated into the building...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    It's not on the actual menu. The 'secret menu' is basically things you can ask for to be added to your drink to make it better (fan-made, I think).
    I know, but from what I could see on google, if you tried to order one of these drinks by name here, you'd be out of luck, as they've apparently never heard of them. The whole 'secret menu' thing seems to be better known in the States.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Inevitable someone posted a populer negative stereotype about starbucks for a few reps when I'm willing to bet you actually go and do the same :holmes:
    Lol like I own a Mac, I couldn't go Starbucks and work on my brick of a Toshiba which shuts down every ten minutes
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, but from what I could see on google, if you tried to order one of these drinks by name here, you'd be out of luck, as they've apparently never heard of them. The whole 'secret menu' thing seems to be better known in the States.
    not so much of a 'secret' if its available online :holmes:
    haha
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, the point is you don't need to order them by name. In the description of each drink it even says things like 'ask for a pump of this and a sprinkle of that'.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Caramel Frappacino.

There's this new Cookie Crumble Chocolate Mocha which looks good. Try it and tell us about it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    Caramel Frappacino.

There's this new Cookie Crumble Chocolate Mocha which looks good. Try it and tell us about it.
    what is a mocha like in comparison to a frappacino? not sure if its the hot or cold one...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    I know, the point is you don't need to order them by name. In the description of each drink it even says things like 'ask for a pump of this and a sprinkle of that'.
    Ok, I'm up for the challenge! I'll pop into starbucks tomorrow and give it a go! Now to decide what I want...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    forget drinks man

you need a white cloth shirt, which is slightly open, rolled up chinos, and loafers with no socks

THEN and only then are you ready for a crappacino
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    tasted the caramel frap just now... definitely should have got a large....
    Caramel Cream Frappuccino is my life. :love:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.