Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Level 2 Certificate Further Maths

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I was wondering,where on the AQA website would you find the grade boundaries for this because I was looking at previous grade boundaries and it is hard to find the IGCSE grade boundaries because I am going to take this GCSE next year.
    You can't find IGCSE grade boundaries on AQA because they haven't offered IGCSE qualifications.

This is a new qualification, I'd expect the boundaries to be on their web site with the GCSE info later this week.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/a...boundaries.php
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    You can't find IGCSE grade boundaries on AQA because they haven't offered IGCSE qualifications.

This is a new qualification, I'd expect the boundaries to be on their web site with the GCSE info later this week.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/a...boundaries.php
    Looking at the website,I have just realised that IGCSEs have only started to be offered by AQA,from this year because I thought with a range of IGCSEs available,that they must have done them before this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Looking at the website,I have just realised that IGCSEs have only started to be offered by AQA,from this year because I thought with a range of IGCSEs available,that they must have done them before this year.
    You can
    theyre officially up on the AQA website
    its 30/175 for a C
    31/175 for an A
    112/175 for an A*
    and 145/175 for an A* with distinction

THESE BOUNDARIES ARE SO LOW AND IM SO HAPPY
    At least now i can pass
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoraHTunis)
    You can
    theyre officially up on the AQA website
    its 30/175 for a C
    31/175 for an A
    112/175 for an A*
    and 145/175 for an A* with distinction

THESE BOUNDARIES ARE SO LOW AND IM SO HAPPY
    At least now i can pass
    I am confident that I'm definetley going to get an A*,when I do this next year maybe an A^ if I'm lucky.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    From the perspective from someone who has done A-Level Maths, some of the topics e.g. calculus are covered to the difficulty of AS Level. Matrices aren't even MENTIONED in A Level Maths, only in Further Mathematics AS Level. However, the breadth of topics which are AS level material is woefully small. I'd view this as a collection of the most challenging GCSE questions with some calculus and matrices thrown in.
    It's a valuable learning experience for the top GCSE students wanting to do A-Level Maths and probably A-Level Further Maths. AS Maths won't get more difficult than the calculus and matrices in this qualification, there's just a lot more other stuff :P If you found it hard, don't be surprised!

Updated: August 24, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.