The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL AQA FP1 18th MAY 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Nebula
no, asymptotes were at x=-1 and x=2.

My mistake. But why were there any equal signs at all when the inequality was x/(x+1)(x-2)<-0.5?
Reply 81
Original post by Marsters
My mistake. But why were there any equal signs at all when the inequality was x/(x+1)(x-2)<-0.5?

It was =< -0.5 not < -0.5
Reply 82
did everything well except the matrix.. my mind just froze lol ... might be cos that was my 2nd exam in a row :frown:. As soon as i got out the exam hall I knew what to do for matrix question lol.
What would the grade boundary be for an A?
Original post by Nebula
Here are my solutions. The questions are probably in the wrong order. If people can correct my question order/ typos/ incorrect answers it would be appreciated.

This is correct, just messy (IMO). I don't understand why anyone would think this is somehow better than just using two equations.

I don't know who you are but I love you!!

I have got 98% of the answers you have got!! You have no idea how relieved I feel!
Reply 84
I was just wondering if anyone could remember how many marks the graph was along with the inequalities afterwards? Thanks :smile:
Sadly, I'm thinking high grade boundaries.. :frown:
Reply 86
Original post by OnimushaGTA
I don't know who you are but I love you!!

I have got 98% of the answers you have got!! You have no idea how relieved I feel!

Its impossible to get 98%, they dont give half marks.
Original post by Nebula
x

Cheers for the unofficial mark scheme, I have all the same answers as you :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Nebula
Here are my solutions. The questions are probably in the wrong order. If people can correct my question order/ typos/ incorrect answers it would be appreciated.

This is correct, just messy (IMO). I don't understand why anyone would think this is somehow better than just using two equations.

Why root2/2 and not 1/root2 in the matrix? I always thought the latter was the standard.
Reply 89
Aaahh omg I don't how but when I put p back into the quadratic I got no real roots everytkme :frown:
Original post by eddieb189
Why root2/2 and not 1/root2 in the matrix? I always thought the latter was the standard.

It's convention to not have a root as a denominator, although either will be fine.
Reply 91
Original post by Nebula

You are wonderful for posting that! Do you remember how many marks the imaginary numbers question was? for each part? Because I somehow got the first part right but not the second part!
Reply 92
Original post by stupefy!
You are wonderful for posting that! Do you remember how many marks the imaginary numbers question was? for each part? Because I somehow got the first part right but not the second part!

I seem to recall it was 3 marks for each part.
Reply 93
Pretty pleased, I think I dropped about 3 marks assuming I didn't make any errors.

Just wondering, for the final matrix question do you reckon I would get a mark for putting (M^4)^503 = M^2012??

Cheers
Reply 94
Original post by stupefy!
How many marks do you think I'd get if I got a correct but for part b failed to correctly divide 4 by 8 so didn't get the correct final answer? (got 2 instead of 1/2, such an idiot I know :frown: )

You will probably lose only one mark, you will get ft marks for the answer you gave assuming the method was correct.
Reply 95
can someone go through question 3 please? The using h to work out gradient
Reply 96
Original post by James181
Pretty pleased, I think I dropped about 3 marks assuming I didn't make any errors.

Just wondering, for the final matrix question do you reckon I would get a mark for putting (M^4)^503 = M^2012??

Cheers

I doubt it, it is quite an obvious statement and doesnt relate M^2012 to the identity matrix. Possibly if the mark scheme is really generous though.
I got -33 for the gradient question :/ i think i must have -2 instead of +2 :frown: pretty sure i got the other part correct though, anyone know how many marks i'll lose? Also what did everyone get for coordinates of intersection of the elipse with the axes?
Reply 98
Original post by Nebula

Yeah, but I only took up the course the last two weeks and did the work in the last two days :/ stupid I know, but I procrastinate too easily, lucky the exam was easy
Reply 99
Original post by bubblebunny94
I got -33 for the gradient question :/ i think i must have -2 instead of +2 :frown: pretty sure i got the other part correct though, anyone know how many marks i'll lose? Also what did everyone get for coordinates of intersection of the elipse with the axes?

I think it was (+/-2, 0) and (0, +/-root5)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending