The Student Room Group

Shoplifting...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
When we got time off inbetween and after GCSE's me and my friends always used to go to Claire's taking earrings and Woolworths taking Flick 'n' Licks.
Original post by The Entity
lol at people quoting me and saying like im hard, mugs.

someone asked me to say my stories...i started this thread for others views.

mugs.

Mugs? Nah, whole crockery sets. Cause I'm 'ard.
Reply 22
Original post by ELs123

I get off one stop later and realise I have picked up a macbook!! So I get off at the next stop and chuck it in the bin.

This all happened when I was 16 though, If I realised I stole a macbook now I would rather hand myself in than be caught running around with a mac.

I don't understand why you freaked out and threw it in the bin?
Reply 23
We took it upon ourselves to spruce up the kitchen of our flat in first year, leading to a string of petty thefts (salt shakers, fancy cutlery, pint glasses etc) that culminated in me drunkenly trying to replace a broken chair by trying to walk (stumble) out of a pub with a bar stool over my shoulder.

We stole an ungodly amount of toilet roll as well. I always felt like **** afterwards though.

Good thing we had the toilet roll. :cool:
Reply 24
Heh... not really a shop-lifting story, but when I was a freshman at uni there was this vending machine that was a little wonky and sometimes if you bought 1 candy it would give out 2 and if you still had credit you could get something that cost more than how much it was, I used to purposely buy the cheapest candybar and then with the balance press for the most expensive bag of chips :biggrin:

Then there was this one time I was going through a bit of a naughty phase, I attended one public school at the age of 13. There was this 15 year old girl who thought she was "upper class" and used to be one of the worst snobs you could find, on top of that she used to terrorize the younger kids often demanding from them all their pocket money... one day we so happened to be at a Boots at the same time, I had gone there with a friend, we saw her and we discreetly placed a pack of condoms in her coat pocket while talking to her, we were telling her some rather flattering words to distract her and she really bought it that we admired her and all that jazz. She then said she had to go as her mum was waiting on her and she paid for her stuff but obviously not the condoms and it set off those anti-theft alarm.

It was a priceless moment, because her mum got out of her car to demand from the security to let her brat go as she didn't steal anything. Not sure what happened after that as we paid for our goods and left.
Reply 25
Original post by Herr
Heh... not really a shop-lifting story, but when I was a freshman at uni there was this vending machine that was a little wonky and sometimes if you bought 1 candy it would give out 2 and if you still had credit you could get something that cost more than how much it was, I used to purposely buy the cheapest candybar and then with the balance press for the most expensive bag of chips :biggrin:

Then there was this one time I was going through a bit of a naughty phase, I attended one public school at the age of 13. There was this 15 year old girl who thought she was "upper class" and used to be one of the worst snobs you could find, on top of that she used to terrorize the younger kids often demanding from them all their pocket money... one day we so happened to be at a Boots at the same time, I had gone there with a friend, we saw her and we discreetly placed a pack of condoms in her coat pocket while talking to her, we were telling her some rather flattering words to distract her and she really bought it that we admired her and all that jazz. She then said she had to go as her mum was waiting on her and she paid for her stuff but obviously not the condoms and it set off those anti-theft alarm.

It was a priceless moment, because her mum got out of her car to demand from the security to let her brat go as she didn't steal anything. Not sure what happened after that as we paid for our goods and left.

oh my god hahaha brilliant.
I haven't but when I was younger I went to the shops with my Mum and my brother who was around 1 year old at the time. When we got back home my Mum changed my brothers nappy to find he had grabbed a load of chocolate bars and shoved them in there. :lolwut: We had no idea he did it!
When we go strawberry picking in the summer I eat strawberries without paying for them. Sometimes even raspberries.

On monday my friends told me we could take a bottle of water from our canteen (because of the sports cap nonsense) for exams. So I took one. But then I saw people paying for them. I'm an awful person.

:gasp:
I went on a bit of a spree when I was two years old: I ran out of Adams whilst still wearing the jumper I was being forced to try on, then headed straight for a card shop, stole the biggest and most expensive card in there before running down the road. :colonhash:
Original post by plimsolls
I don't understand why you freaked out and threw it in the bin?

Traceable.
Does stealing stickers from bananas as a child counts? :cool: :banana:
Reply 31
got caught shoplifting in year 7 from the supermarket. i used to make quite a bit from selling chocolate to people at break time.

>mfw i never got punished for it, school said they were gonna put me in suspension unit, never happened lool
(edited 11 years ago)
I used to steal sweets from Woolworths when I was about 6. I could never steal anything now, I feel guilty when security guards look at me.
Reply 33
I used to steal small things from shops when I was about 17/18 like drinks, chocolate, etc. Was like a game with me & my friends, see what you could 'chore'.

My god we were pikies.
Reply 34
Original post by JCC-MGS
Traceable.

I see.
Reply 35
Id take a biscuit from a packet in Asda if i was really hungry

I remember stealing a massive pizza because my parents were away and my bro disappeared so i had no money and no food at home

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
the first thing I ever stole that wasn't food, was It's Dark and Hell is Hot by DMX, from HMV.

it was before the days of the internet and HMV wanted 16 quid for it!
edit
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by The Entity
lol, k.

Many 4 packs of lager from local college off licenses. (on my own, but with mates lingering near by)

sennheiser headphones from currys when drunk. (wouldnt have done such a big store if sober, this was on my own)

loads of pokemon cards from toys r us when 11. (me and my mates)

tbh most of my shoplifting stories come from grabbing cans of lager and legging it out of the shop. probably done this about 50 times. lol.

Congratulations, sir. I've rang the police and given them your username from TSR I suspect you'll have some explaining to do in the upcoming weeks. Bravo.
edited
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest