The Student Room Group

Shoplifting...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by zara55
Surprised we haven't already got people on here boasting about what they managed to grab in last year's riots already.

Entity is probably one of the douche's that would readily participate in such an activity.
Reply 101
bobby it was just a phase, ive not stolen in years.

i was a teen at the time.
Original post by The Entity
anyone got any shoplifting stories?

ever done it, if so, what?

A kid I know used to shoplift all the time. I don't know why as he was also incredibly well off. However, he used to take some really expensive stuff. In the end though he was caught for stealing a 20p can of lidls own cola! He was banned from lidls, the police cautioned him, and his parents took away his tv, iPod, phone and laptop. I hope that made him learn his lesson...

As for me I've never shoplifted. Although when I was little I sometimes used to walk away when my Mum and I were shopping and eat some of the sweets in the pick and mix, thinking it was totally legal.
Reply 103
I used to hang out with a group of friends who liked that sort of thing. I did a bit of shoplifting because it was supposedly fun. But I used to get so nervous that I'd be sweaty and disgusting and in the end they encouraged me not to because of how bad I smelled afterwards :frown:

:facepalm:
This is what happens when you give in to peer pressure, you get a rep for having really bad BO.
I told the train conductor I was a child so I could only have to pay half price.

infact I do it every day:cool:
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
I haven't stolen a thing in my life(Other than cakes/bacon butties every day from the old school refectory) but I can understand why people would be proud of getting free stuff and not getting caught.

It's obviously wrong, but at the end of the day, do most people pay for stuff because it's wrong, or because they don't want to get caught?

mind = blown

Why is stealing from school different? In our school we had dinner cards which you put money on and paid with. There was the main canteen and next to it a little snack bar thing and at the end of lunch they would take all the food away from the snack bar and leave the card machine unattended. A friend of mine who is a a dedicated christian and spends his weekends helping the homeless, use to jump behind the desk and refund everything he had brought back onto his card. He did this for £3/4 of food everyday for three years and never thought anything of it.
Original post by Sternumator
Why is stealing from school different? In our school we had dinner cards which you put money on and paid with. There was the main canteen and next to it a little snack bar thing and at the end of lunch they would take all the food away from the snack bar and leave the card machine unattended. A friend of mine who is a a dedicated christian and spends his weekends helping the homeless, use to jump behind the desk and refund everything he had brought back onto his card. He did this for £3/4 of food everyday for three years and never thought anything of it.

At my school there was a serving hatch up the back of the cafe and you queued against the side wall, got your food and then walked back up the middle to pay(using a swipe card), but it was actually really easy to just hide your roll on sausage and walk away without paying.
Reply 107
Some tomato puree from Sainsburys by accident :wink:
Reply 108
Original post by JCC-MGS
I remember being about 8 or 9 walking out of Wilkos once with a pack of crisps in my hand which weren't paid for and the sirens didn't go off, I just noticed when I got out. My mum was gassed cause we just got a free packet of crisps, she wasn't so pleased when I marched back in and told them that they forgot to scan them and made her cough up the 50p

Gangsta 4 life

haha, 50p crisps getting your mum gassed.
Original post by pixxie
Some tomato puree from Sainsburys by accident :wink:

Yeah, everyone's done it by accident. I accidentally stole some suntan cream. In retrospect I should have gone back but I didn't want to get in trouble.

Shoplifting's not OK. It's never OK.

The only circumstances under which I would condone shoplifting is if it's Gillette Razors. I mean, that's just justice. But other than that, no.
It's a hobo ting when I'm ere
Original post by Raiden10
Yeah, everyone's done it by accident. I accidentally stole some suntan cream. In retrospect I should have gone back but I didn't want to get in trouble.

Shoplifting's not OK. It's never OK.

The only circumstances under which I would condone shoplifting is if it's Gillette Razors. I mean, that's just justice. But other than that, no.

Only Gillette ones?
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
I remember being in woolworths with my best mate when we were 12.

He was buying a pic n mix and wee pack of chewing gum.

I said to him, if you put the chewing gum inside the pic n mix bag the weight of it will bump up the price of the pic n mi by just a few pence, but you'll save like 40p.

He did it and wasn't caught. #YOLO

You are probably the reason that Woolworths went out of business.
When I was about 8 I wanted one of those metal chains you can clip onto your wallet for some reason but the only jeans that had them were horrible black gothy ones so I clipped it off the black ones and put it on the blue ones and then brought them, well my mum paid. I don't know if that counts. Not shoplifting but I also remember when I was about 6 I thought straws were really cool because we never had them at home so I saved up all my straws from the milk cartons they gave out at school, washed them out and used them at home but they were really thin blue ones and not great. One day we had an art lesson and we used big fat straws for cutting up, I watched my teacher put them back in the store cupbord and made a plan. I remember sneeking all the way through the school because my class room was on the other side and we werent allow in the school at break, into my class and into the store cupboard. I stole two straws, one for myself and one for my sister and then got back outside without a trace. Those are my only two experiances of theft.
Original post by Sosidge
Sure he grabbed chocolate bars and didn't just take a crap?

I wish.

Chocolate ****ting baby? Be worth millions. :u:
If getting free refills of Coke as if I brought some even though I'm using the free complementary tap water glass at Nando's count as stealing then yeah. So hardcore.
Reply 116
Original post by itssketan
If getting free refills of Coke as if I brought some even though I'm using the free complementary tap water glass at Nando's count as stealing then yeah. So hardcore.

Criminal gangsta scum.
Original post by mangoh
don't know if this counts but I used to unpick the chewing gum under my desk

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Do you know why you receive neg rep?
Reply 118
Original post by elia
Ate a grape in Tesco without buying them #badass

I love steal from Tesco.

Next try to eat apples it's so fun and drink juice yummmmmy
Reply 119
I stole a bag of tesco value rice during the riots