The Student Room Group

just some advice need university

hello i,m needing a little bit of advice if anyone knows what to do my daughter iis just finishing her second year in nursing in london and now shes needs to transfer to plymouth uni for personsonel reasons to do her 3rd year and was told she could apply to do it!! now they have told her she has been miss informed and she can't as its there police and she has to do her second year again in plymouth is there anything we can do so she can start 3rd year instead of having to do 2nd year all over again she has come top in all exams she doesnt know i,m asking this but i feel i need to help
debz
Original post by devonmum
hello i,m needing a little bit of advice if anyone knows what to do my daughter iis just finishing her second year in nursing in london and now shes needs to transfer to plymouth uni for personsonel reasons to do her 3rd year and was told she could apply to do it!! now they have told her she has been miss informed and she can't as its there police and she has to do her second year again in plymouth is there anything we can do so she can start 3rd year instead of having to do 2nd year all over again she has come top in all exams she doesnt know i,m asking this but i feel i need to help
debz

Unfortunately, if Plymouth won't accept her straight into the third year, then there's not a lot she can do - they're not under any obligation to accept her at all.

If it's at all possible, then her best bet would be to stay at her current university for the final year (with regular trips back home to Plymouth?), because otherwise she will have to spend an extra year at uni :frown:
Do you know *why* Plymouth would make her repeat her 2nd year? What is it about the 2nd year she has already done that they dont like?

It might also be worth calling the Royal College of Nursing for clarification/advice on this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending