The Student Room Group

Higher Media 2012

Anyone doing Media tomorrow? What texts are you doing?
Bang! Hello. You are the only other person I've seen on here who is doing it so far. :biggrin:

We studied an Amnesty International campaign video for the media analysis section. For the media production section I'll be answering Q1 because my class did the practical unit. Thankful for that because it's easier to predict what the question will be on - there are only three possible options: either planning, making or evaluation of the product we made (a short documentary).

I'm feeling quite confident about the exam although I'm annoyed with the date they chose - it's also my 20th birthday tomorrow! :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
The exam was better than expected - time, above anything, was my issue. I think I wrote about 10 pages for my first section and 8 for my last. I completed Section 1 on Pearl Harbour and I did the TV advert question in Section 2 :smile: How did you guys feel about it? I'm not sure what I will achieve but hopefully it's good
Original post by holliesdiary
The exam was better than expected - time, above anything, was my issue. I think I wrote about 10 pages for my first section and 8 for my last. I completed Section 1 on Pearl Harbour and I did the TV advert question in Section 2 :smile: How did you guys feel about it? I'm not sure what I will achieve but hopefully it's good

In regards to time I was fine, first question was fine also as you can basically memorise your points and tweak them to fit, I was doing an episode of Glee for that question and wrote about 9 pages. I did the second question for part two and thought it was ok, my teacher didn't think it wasn't a brilliant question though. I'm hoping for an A, was six marks off on my prelim and that estimate was when my unseen analysis was only at 12 marks and apparently it's improved so here's hoping!
I found the exam questions were practically hand-picked to match my strengths.

For section one I answered Q3 (the one on audience) and I had already written two essays with similarly worded questions. Likewise, for section two I answered Q1 (which was an essay on how knowledge of audience helped in the pre-production stage of creating a media piece) and I had written two essays like this one also (one for homework and the other in the prelim). :smile: I'm also feeling confident about the unseen analysis because I never scored lower than a B in the practices.

I didn't have a problem with time. Wrote about 11 pages on both essays and then left early. Although I suppose the other questions in section 2 weren't as predictable in terms of content? I just had to write mine based on experience with reference to three key aspects (audience was necessary and I also chose to write about institutions and representation).
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending