The Student Room Group

higher biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisyclouds
mRNA has bases adenine, uracil, cytosine and guanine (thymine is in DNA)

for example:

mRNA - GAA UGU AAU GCC (codon)
tRNA - CUU ACA UUA CGG (anti-codon)

I can kind of do that but then sometimes theres e.g. CUU ACA is equal to lysocine
And then theres sometimes the one where the question tries to trick you by saying DNA but giving you mRNA stuff and you have to back track it
Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
I can kind of do that but then sometimes theres e.g. CUU ACA is equal to lysocine
And then theres sometimes the one where the question tries to trick you by saying DNA but giving you mRNA stuff and you have to back track it
Thanks for your help :smile:

Yeah sometimes it would give you the DNA strand and asks you find to find the anti-codon or vice verse, I would usually just write it out DNA to mRNA then to tRNA :smile: you just have to read the question carefully :P glad I could :smile:
If anyone's struggling with specific questions/concepts/whatever then post them and I'll help yous out. I did Higher Human, but I'm doing a biomed degree so I know a fair bit about biology now. :smile:
Reply 43
I hate the mRNA stuff, I just dont understand how to work out the codons and anti codons i.e ATT = TAA

lols i love it so easy. i hate all the stuff to do with natural selection and copin with danger.
well hey. we dont know what will come up.
good luck anyway:smile:
Reply 44
Good luck to every one sittin Higher Biology:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by rajeevj96
lols i love it so easy. i hate all the stuff to do with natural selection and copin with danger.
well hey. we dont know what will come up.
good luck anyway:smile:

The one in the exam about that stuff was really easy!!
That was a really bad essay question for the natural selection. I take it you didnt pick that one then?? Lol
What essay questions did you pick??
And how do you think youve done??
Original post by JaggySnake95
Unit 3 ones sound great!

Can I just say... thanks so much for those predictions. Without them, I would have got really crap for my essays.
So once again, thank you very much!! :smile::smile:
How did you find the exam??
Can I just say... thanks so much for those predictions. Without them, I would have got really crap for my essays.
So once again, thank you very much!! :smile::smile:
How did you find the exam??

I didn't make any predictions but I put of the practice essays with some filled in if that's what you mean? :P

Yeah, good. Pretty confident of an A and that's exams over. :smile: You?
Reply 48
The one in the exam about that stuff was really easy!!
That was a really bad essay question for the natural selection. I take it you didnt pick that one then?? Lol
What essay questions did you pick??
And how do you think youve done??

i did do the natural selection one and the viruses one.
it was alright. dont want to jinx by sayin easy.
hope everyone passed thats all.:smile::smile:
Does anybody know the marks for the question about mitochondrion and the cytochrome system?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending