The Student Room Group

Higher History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hollieeilloh
No problem :smile:! Oh exactly, I'm getting pretty worried, gonna be cramming after maths.. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh gosh good luck :s I couldn't face maths this year doing it for 6th year so have all that to look forward to! No idea how am going to learn all the germany stuff intime regardless though..
Original post by BethM917
Oh gosh good luck :s I couldn't face maths this year doing it for 6th year so have all that to look forward to! No idea how am going to learn all the germany stuff intime regardless though..

Thank you :smile: haha! Believe me; maths is easier than history :tongue: aw I know it's a nightmare :frown: :frown:

Reply 42
I'm sitting memorising quotes now.. I have 44 to memorise, oh dear..

:O WHYYY?

I didn't even learn that many for the English exam..
Why are you putting yourself under so much stress that is not needed?
I have learnt about eight (if that) :!

?
Reply 43

Ahhh.. thank you, just what i need:wink:
Original post by LiveToSki
:O WHYYY?

I didn't even learn that many for the English exam..
Why are you putting yourself under so much stress that is not needed?
I have learnt about eight (if that) :!

?

Aw it's not stress - I find memorising quotes really easy :smile: haha I had 82 for English... I just think quotes help me create an argument which leads to analysis!
Reply 45
haha I had 82 for English... I just think quotes help me create an argument which leads to analysis!

You must have a photograhic memory:biggrin: No matter how much i tried i just don't think i'd be able to remember that many :smile: ... but good luck to you!!
Original post by LiveToSki
You must have a photograhic memory:biggrin: No matter how much i tried i just don't think i'd be able to remember that many :smile: ... but good luck to you!!

Haha jeez I wish, life would be so much easier! Well, like you said, quotes aren't needed :smile: thanks, you too!
Original post by hollieeilloh
Haha jeez I wish, life would be so much easier! Well, like you said, quotes aren't needed :smile: thanks, you too!

We were never told in higher history to put in quotes so I learnt none and got an A1 and that includes my extended essay :smile: and in response to an earlier post maths is definetely harder than History!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
D you think it is wise to just memorise why the labour/liberal reforms were introduced and how useful/to what extent did they help British people etc?

Original post by daviddd!1994
We were never told in higher history to put in quotes so I learnt none and got an A1 and that includes my extended essay :smile: and in response to an earlier post maths is definetely harder than History!

Well done :smile: but, I just think quotes help me.. it's just down to personal preference I suppose haha.. and naaaah again I don't think so!
Reply 50
Is anyone doing America? Immigration, kkk, Martin Luther King etc. If so, what do you predict might come up?

Reply 51
D you think it is wise to just memorise why the labour/liberal reforms were introduced and how useful/to what extent did they help British people etc?

Liberals:
Why were the Liberal Reforms introduced?
How successful were the Liberal Reforms?

Labour:
How successful were the Labour Welfare Reforms/Did Labour succeed in creating a welfare state?

That will be all you need!
Reply 52
In the Britain topic there are a total of 6 topic questions that could be asked but only 3 are.
So learning only 3 essays would be risky :/ we might be an unlucky year and get weird questions.
I learned 4 different essays, the 2 liberals, democracy and labour.

Good luck! :smile:
How much historiography are you guys putting in your essays? :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by UMARTIAN
In the Britain topic there are a total of 6 topic questions that could be asked but only 3 are.
So learning only 3 essays would be risky :/ we might be an unlucky year and get weird questions.
I learned 4 different essays, the 2 liberals, democracy and labour.

Good luck! :smile:
How much historiography are you guys putting in your essays? :smile:

Usually put about 3/4 quotes. Sometimes I make a few up, my teachers have never noticed...haha!

I'm hoping for Suffragettes because it was my extended response, but I'd take Liberals or Labour too! :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Scrabble96

I think it would be a waste of time memorising the effectiveness of Liberal reforms since that has been asked 2 years in a row. I originally thought that Labour would be most likely to appear this year as it's not been mentioned since 2010. However, the Labour reforms essay was repeated in 2009 and 2010, and the effectiveness of Liberals reforms essay was repeated in 2010 and 2011, so there's actually a high chance that why the Liberal reforms were passed might come up.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing Britain, The Road to War and Scottish Independence.
For Britain we were told only to learn the Labour and Liberals topics and to ignore Democracy but the other two classes at my school weren't even taught the democracy topics but I think I'll try and learn one of the democracy topics just in case the three questions are only democracy, pretty scared in case that does happen :/ I'm fine with Liberals and Labour but haven't even looked at a democracy essay :/
The others are just a case of memorising everything and for paper two just getting my technique right.
History is ALWAYS the exam/nab/prelim that stresses me out the most!
As for quotes I'm just going to memorise a few for each essay.
Hope everyone is getting on okay with their studying!
Reply 57
Hey, does anyone have any websites/documents that will be able to help with paper 2 techniques for each of the different questions?

Well,I've been learning essay factors/sources stuff like mad but it doesn't seem to want to stay in my head. I am freaking out severely. Yay.
Reply 59
Is anyone here doing Russia? I CAN'T DO RUSSIA OMG FREAKING OUT.

Quick Reply

Latest