(Original post by JumbleJumble)
Yay! Finally someone else doing USA!
According to the SQA, these are the possible topics:
1. An evaluation of the reasons for changing attitudes towards immigration in the 1920s.
2. An evaluation of the obstacles to the achievement of civil rights for black people up to 1941.
3. An evaluation of the reasons for the economic crisis of 1929-33.
4. An assessment of the effectiveness of the New Deal.
5. An evaluation of the reasons for the development of the Civil Rights campaign, after 1945.
6. An assessment of the effectiveness of the Civil Rights movement in meeting the needs of black Americans, up to 1968.
Having looked at past papers, I don't think that topic 5 will come up because it was in both the 2012 and 2011 papers, but I think it's likely that either 1 or 2 will come up as one of those has been in each past paper since 2007. Other than that, I'll probably learn an essay for topic 6 just to be on the safe side.
Here's a quick list I've made about question frequency which might help you;
Effectiveness of Liberal Reforms – II – 2011/2010
Effectiveness of Labour Reforms – III – 2010/2009/2007
Analysis of Progress of Democracy – III – 2010/2009/2007
Causes of Liberal Reforms – II – 2008/2007
Causes of Growth of Democracy – II – 2011/2008
Immigration hostility causes – II – 2011/2009
Problems faced by black Americans 1920s (M.E.S.) – III – 2010/2008/2007
Causes of growth of Civil Rights campaigns (50s-60s) – II – 2011/2010
Reasons for improvements for black Americans (to 1968) – II – 2010/2008
Success of black radicals (60s) – I – 2009
Concerns of the Civil Rights campaigns (50s-60s) – I – 2007
(I've left out the suffragettes & economics for America as we didn't do economics in class and I hate writing about women and the vote)