The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ask him
Pretty?

Anyhows, as Markus has said, the simplest solution would be to ask him/bring it up in a conversation, etc.
I can't do that - if he's not, how embarrassing is that?! We're not such good friends that that kind of thing couldn't not be embarrassing...if you get what I mean. And even if I did ask, am I just gonna go 'Hey Tim, are you gay?'
:frown:
Reply 4
seduce him
Reply 5
Dear god. I feel the need to post here in order to prove to any of my friends on TSR that I am *not* Anon 1. See, I'm in exactly the same situation although I wouldn't go so far as to ay I love the person. PM me if you feel you need to rant.
Reply 6
Anonymous
Title says it all really - I think I love someone, who I'm good friends with - I don't think he knows how I feel, or if he does then he's politely ignoring it. He's really pretty and well-dressed, and incredibly sensitive...he's just so wonderful. But people have told me they think he's gay! And I can see why they'd think that - for different reasons. So what do I do? I love him too much! :frown: :frown:

Maybe you could listen to that Celine Dion song, Ziggy, about loving a gay man

Ziggy, his name is Ziggy
I'm crazy about him
He's a boy like no others
But I love him, it's not my fault
Even if I know
That he will never love me
Reply 7
I do not understand this thread.

let me get this straight. (Interesting choose of word there)

You know a guy, he is sort of your friend, his perfect, you want to make a move, but your unsure whether or not he is gay.

I got two pieces of advice -
Instead asking him whether he is gay or not, ask him out on a date like you would if you did not doubt his heterosexuality. Now, obviously if he declines, that by no means actually constitutes him as gay, but whether he is gay or not would not matter because he does not want to be with you.

Also, never take the advice on ones sexuality from others. Especially if it is in the context of primary, secondary, college or even university. People have a habit of lying to degrade another individual.
Reply 8
Im afraid theres no easy solution to this but say that you think some celeb is realy fit like Johny depp or will smith and see his reaction. If he likes men he'll give his opinion straight away or pull it out if him. if he doesnt he'll probaly roll his eyes or ask way.
i hate it when that happens-forget him is my best advice
Reply 10
lil_sweetie
I can't do that - if he's not, how embarrassing is that?! We're not such good friends that that kind of thing couldn't not be embarrassing...if you get what I mean. And even if I did ask, am I just gonna go 'Hey Tim, are you gay?'
:frown:

If he's called Tim then chances are you're right.

It's always boys called Tim... or Oliver.

Anyway, the only way forward might be to buy a stick-on handlebar moustache and pretend you're a bloke. See how it goes and report back...
At least it's not your actual boyfriend that's confused :mad:
Reply 12
Yeah, then you've got to consider the possibility that it's your fault...

...only kidding!
Reply 13
LibertineNorth
If he's called Tim then chances are you're right.

It's always boys called Tim... or Oliver.

Anyway, the only way forward might be to buy a stick-on handlebar moustache and pretend you're a bloke. See how it goes and report back...

LOL...I dont know why that makes me laugh... there's a guy called Tim in my school.... and people think he's gay (even though we know he's not)...:p:
Reply 14
Are you sure he isn't? The system is usually pretty reliable...
Add Jamie to the Tims and Olivers :biggrin:

Just be subtle...somehow maybe bring up convo with a friend, i.e. "i watched a programme on religion and that religions stance on homosexuality...it was pretty extreme..what do you think?" - just bring something in subtley, maybe then you can weed an answer out of him, even if it isn't a direct "yes, i am gay" etc....it can be an indirect answer....
Reply 16
A little observation goes a long way. Next time you're out with him, check to see if there is excesive wrist flicking, the word 'darling' used several times or shows random interest in 6 foot, dark skinned men in brown leather jackets.
Reply 17
What about the Tony's and Robert's.
Remember guys can be mistake for gay sometimes... remember the episode on Friends where Chandler found out everyone thought he was gay when they first met him?

To be honest with you, one or two people have actually thought that about me to.. and when I've found this out, I've got really paranoid and I can't work out why they thought that in the first place!!
Just ask him

Latest

Trending

Trending