Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spent £270 on clothes, now got email saying 25% off everything this weekend!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Need a bit of consumer advice... My mum spent £270 buying some clothes online which were delivered yesterday. Today she received an email promoting 25% off everything today and tomorrow for cardholders (which she is).

Obviously 25% of £270 is a lot of money so can she send the clothes back and basically buy them again to get the discount? Or maybe phone up the company and ask them to refund the difference?

Basically I want to know where she stands legally

Thanks!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt theyd refund the difference ... nothing stopping her returning them and buying them again but with the discount applied i believe
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    She can ask, they're within their rights to say no, but some places will say yes to keep the customers happy.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats what you call a par
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    Your moist, sn.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Your moist, sn.
    You're*
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're*
    Precisely what I mean. Moist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buy it all over again with the discount then return the first lot when the discount is finished?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    That's.
    allow the hype, cuz.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Precisely what I mean. Moist.
    wasteman
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    What store
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quite often there is something on the receipt saying that if the price changes within 7-14 days they'll refund the difference?

Otherwise, you can easily just take them back and re buy them with the discount
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing stopping you returning them and buying them again, but you can't phone up and ask the company to refund the difference. The offer came after you bought the clothes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan205)
    Need a bit of consumer advice... My mum spent £270 buying some clothes online which were delivered yesterday. Today she received an email promoting 25% off everything today and tomorrow for cardholders (which she is).

Obviously 25% of £270 is a lot of money so can she send the clothes back and basically buy them again to get the discount? Or maybe phone up the company and ask them to refund the difference?

Basically I want to know where she stands legally

Thanks!
    You'll have to look at their refunds policy, they'll probably require a legitimate reason for returning the stuff - looked different in person (so you can't buy the same stuff without getting them suspicious), was the wrong size (so you can't buy the same stuff without getting them suspicious), the person you were buying it for didn't like it (so you can't buy the same stuff without getting them suspicious). The onyl one that might wash is you returned them but then you thought of someone else who'd like them. I'm assuming that your mum wants to stay on good terms with the company as she is some sort of member, else all she needs to do is return the stuff then buy it again and run off.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you order stuff online, you have an automatic right to return the goods for a refund within 7 days under the Distance Selling Regulations. She will probably have the same right under the company's refunds policy as well.

She could absolutely order new clothes with the discount and return the ones she has for a refund.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.