The Student Room Group

definitions of abnormality 12 markers

This is AS AQA A unit 2 psychology btw.

For abnormality we have 14 12 mark questions to do for revision. There's one describe & evaluate . . . for each of the 3 different definitions of abnormality.

I don't see how there's enough info to get 12 marks on these. On most my 12 amrkers I do between 1 and 1.5 sides of A4 in my handwriting. I did the deviation from social norms today and could only do 3/4 of a side of A4. I jsut don't see how we have enough detail to get 12 marks on these 3.

Have they actually come up in exams before or are they just ones the teacher wants us to do?

And if you've done them, how did you have enough info to egt 12 marks?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
You managed to do 3/4 just on one of the definitions?! That's pretty good, if you can replicate that three times why isn't there enough for a 12 marker? :biggrin:

You could possibly put some real life examples for each of the definitions to pad out your essay? Not sure really, I'd say it is highly unlikely to come up as a 12 marker. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Yeah. But my handwriting's quite big and I put loads of examples in.

Seeing as there isn't much for each of them, would it be more likely that a 12 marker would be discuss/ d & e one or more of the definitions of abnormality? This gives leeway for you to write 3/4 marks on 2/3 of them . . I could easily get 12 marks if it meant I could do a bit on all of them.
Reply 3
Yes, I highly doubt it will ask you outline and evaluate just one of the definitions, that would be asking too much. :tongue:

If it comes up, you will be asked for one or more/or just outline and evaluate the 3 definitions of abnormality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending