Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People Who Can't Hold A Conversation For Long

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a shy person who has confidence issues and I can't hold long conversations really I'm at Uni and it's a scary experience for someone who's not much of a big talker, all the people that I see can hold conversations easily and my flatmate was saying that I struggle to hold a conversation and I felt a little bad but didn't let it get to me much.....What I want to know is....are there any other people who get shy around people and don't talk much????
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have a good, long talk with your flatmate about this issue?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it - you are who you are and a lot of the time it depends on the other person, too.
    I bet if you were speaking to someone who shared lots of the same interests as you, then you would talk for ages - or maybe not even feel the need to?
    Besides, the world needs people like you if everyone was really chatty instead of being more of a listnener, nobody would get a word in edgeways, dont worry about it x
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    well I've made all of my lifelong friends at college before I came to Uni, and I can talk with them more then I can with people at Uni, I get nervous around big groups
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You just need to practice! Once you start doing it more often you will feel more at ease and relaxed at talking to people so it will come naturally!
    I'm quite a shy person and never used to be very talkative. I'm still shy but now I can hold a conversation and can be very talkative!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    my housemate told me i 'had no social skills' and have no idea how to deal with people

in all fairness at the time i used to lock myself in my room, talk to my boyfriend and not go out.

now, im sociable and they all say how much ive changed.

just try and be more confident. i know its hard, but people dont like talking to people who cant make conversation. But i know how difficult it is as i used to be the same :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.