The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 1
Hey,
I had the same question before I went to the Open Day a few weeks ago as I want to do a language as a floater. I was told that if you are doing Joint Honours, then you can do one floater in your second year and then another one in your third year (but not in your first year). BTW if you go to SOAS I will probably see you at the History lectures; I am doing Politics and History there next year!

Shelly
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
shellz121
Hey,
I had the same question before I went to the Open Day a few weeks ago as I want to do a language as a floater. I was told that if you are doing Joint Honours, then you can do one floater in your second year and then another one in your third year (but not in your first year). BTW if you go to SOAS I will probably see you at the History lectures; I am doing Politics and History there next year!

Shelly

Ahhh that's quite a shame, we joint honours folk only get 2 floaters....and yes, SOAS has been submitted as my FIRM acceptance, so A Level results permitting...I shall see you in History lectures! It's all becoming so real so fast, but no time to sit and think about it!

Osman :smile:
Reply 3
banksy
Ahhh that's quite a shame, we joint honours folk only get 2 floaters....and yes, SOAS has been submitted as my FIRM acceptance, so A Level results permitting...I shall see you in History lectures! It's all becoming so real so fast, but no time to sit and think about it!

Osman :smile:

You can audit language lectures, though. You just don't get the qualification from it.
Reply 4
You can also do languages at SOAS's language centre but you have to pay for it.
shellz121
BTW if you go to SOAS I will probably see you at the History lectures; I am doing Politics and History there next year!

Shelly

Maybe I'll see you in politics! :smile:
Reply 6
BovineBeast
You can audit language lectures, though. You just don't get the qualification from it.

Yeah I don't care if a piece of paper states I learned a language...so that sounds good to me!

Latest