Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Inventive lies you've told your parents

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most kids, if not all, lie to their parents somewhere along the way, including myself.
    What's the most inventive lie you've told your parents?

Even if they didn't believe it for a second, or they still believe it to be true now, what's your most inventive?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blaming the brothers is always an excellent option, needless to say after a good 14/15 year run it doesn't work anymore.

Or
    (Not really inventive but always funny to tell people haha)
    I walk in stumbling about (many drinks later) and the parents ask how much have I've had to drink. First I say none and they see right through this so I change my answer to a few. After a goodwhile of arguing that a few could mean anything from 2-5, I sat down and threw up on my dad losing my arguement in the process.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Blaming the brothers is always an excellent option, needless to say after a good 14/15 year run it doesn't work anymore.

Or
    (Not really inventive but always funny to tell people haha)
    I walk in stumbling about (many drinks later) and the parents ask how much have I've had to drink. First I say none and they see right through this so I change my answer to a few. After a goodwhile of arguing that a few could mean anything from 2-5, I sat down and threw up on my dad losing my arguement in the process.
    Aha, gotta say, that is brilliant!

I used to blame stuff on my brothers all the time Or if I was in trouble, I'd drop them in it too
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    When my mother saw my husband (then boyfriend) sneaking out of my bedroom (I slept in the conservatory) after he had snuck in at night....I told her it was actually my friend Sarah that she saw.

She didn't believe me at all. She kept saying "It was Phil, I saw Phil's long brown hair."

At which point I panicked and said "No it was Sarah, and you're wrong, she had on her blue hat!" (Where the hell that came from I don't know).

Anyway she marched off down to Sarah's house and asked her if she had come round that morning and if so, what had she been wearing. I had had the foresight to text Sarah though and ask her to cover for me, so VERY VERY begrudgingly she told my mam that she had been round yes and that she had been wearing her blue hat.

My mam TOTALLY didn't believe it, but she had to let it go after that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "It wasn't me, I swear to you, it was her, she gave me the evil eye"

Somehow, my parents really don't buy it

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    'my exam went well'
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    'i own lighters because...i like candles'
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've always been **** at lying. even when it was something serious I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    My parents asked if I was a virgin, in my panic and to deter the awkwardness I said yes.

Lied about a boyfriend. The number of times I've said I'm going on a conference/field trip and whatnot when instead I've been over at his for the night...

they're hardcore muslims
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    My parents asked if I was a virgin, in my panic and to deter the awkwardness I said yes.
    My parents asked if I was a virgin, in my panic and in order to save face I said no.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eelsbadman.jpg
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Perfect Circle)
    My parents asked if I was a virgin, in my panic and in order to save face I said no.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eelsbadman.jpg
    I think they must have realised by now as I always use the excuse of 'just watching a dvd if I have a girl around'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I once convinced my mum I use Rizla as tracing paper for maths
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cigarette)
    'i own lighters because...i like candles'
    I used this one
    Except I have them because I collect them... Yeah, right

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.