The Student Room Group

Exam errors AGAIN...

Scroll to see replies

They should just kill off the exam boards and bring the entire sector under complete state control. The exam boards were split up with the main idea in mind that 'competition=good', although it is clear that this is an area where that philosophy does not apply in the slightest. Having one central exam board will also make it easier to enforce guidelines and changes to specifications brought about as a result of collaboration with universities on A levels. This would also address the issue of varying difficulty between exam boards for the same qualification, as it is blindingly obvious, for example, in A level Physics, that some exam boards are not including essential preparatory content on optics, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics, notably OCR Physics B.
I'm glad i'm not with OCR. I'm not really sure what the WJEC'S reputation is, i doubt it's that great though.
I got 88/100 in science and that was a C:frown:.
Reply 143
I got a U in one of my A level exams 3 years ago now.

Didn't get it remarked as I assumed it'd make no difference, it was weird because out of 6 modules i got AAAAAU :s-smilie:
Last year somebody in my year got given a D in his RE GCSE. He got it remarked and it went up to A.

Quick Reply

Latest