The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Panic!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't worry, this is just typical of the mad society we live in. People have been rejected from supermarkets etc.

Perhaps I shouldn't say this but when you fill in the ethnic bit perhaps you should say you're from mongolia or somthing, you will get the job then :biggrin:

With the amount interntational students there with very patchy English I am sure somthing PC stuff is going on.
Reply 21
gianthead why not ring them just to clarify then you won't be waiting any longer?
I do think it's rude when people don't contact you back, the same happened to me for tescos. When I rang they said that they didn't like the fact that I would prioritise my A Levels over them. Fools.
Reply 22
Tesco are a joke, my mate left them when his manager had a word with him and said he didn't want his masters to affect his performance at work so he told them to suff it.
I can't get a job and I do wonder whether it's because in interviews I talk about planning on going to uni in a couple of years - maybe they think I'm going to focus on A Levels and not bother with going to work. I do want to focus on A Levels but I'm sure I can handle a few hours working a week too.
Reply 24
MissSurfer
I can't get a job and I do wonder whether it's because in interviews I talk about planning on going to uni in a couple of years - maybe they think I'm going to focus on A Levels and not bother with going to work. I do want to focus on A Levels but I'm sure I can handle a few hours working a week too.
I've been rejected by so many employers because of my Alevels, I've even lied and pretended I'm not going to uni. These days I only put 1.5 Alevels on my CV and they're still suspicious :frown:
Go to Sainsburys...they seem to be absolutely super with students. Employed me in July of last year on a temporary basis (they knew i was going to uni in October) and at Christmas when I came back, I rang them up and they gave me some work no problem. Rang them up again a few weeks ago and they have given me a week of nightshifts in a couple of weeks time for the easter rush. They really do value their student part timers. Oh and nightshift ( you must be over 18 to do it) is just over £7 an hour or £10.50 an hour for the hours worked early on a sunday (the majority of the saturday nightshift).
Reply 26
how tough are the interviews?
Reply 27
macdonalds... can't believe they pay so little, but then again, they're macdonalds. why doesn't anyone try out british airways? working at gatwick during the sumemr months. pay is £8.79/h!!!!!!!! sounds great to me! i would take this opportunity if i lived in london... anyway, check it out at www.britishaiwaysjobs.com!
Reply 28
Dont worry about the interview, maccies will take anyone on. They make out there so professinal and efficient, but once you start to work there, you realise what an unorganised mess maccies really is.
Reply 29
DavidJas
Dont worry about the interview, maccies will take anyone on. They make out there so professinal and efficient, but once you start to work there, you realise what an unorganised mess maccies really is.
thanks, I take it you haven't read the whole thread or you'd know they'd rejected me
I'm clearly not the anybody they'd take even though I thought I'd done ok at the interview... :rolleyes: oh well
MissSurfer

I'm not too sure about that, Woolies seemed fine with my university plans when I started there. My boss even said he'd be happy to write me a reference for work when I get to Sheffield, so...
Mind you, when I started I was temporary (Christmas holidays work), it wasn't until after this period they decided they wanted me on the semi-permenant staff.
Reply 31
lots of people got through the interviews ok at Mcdonalds, but there was only one post on offer so clearly they had to give the job to the most politically correct person

Is it worth me applying to other McDs in the area?

I feel so degraded, turned down by McDonalds!:redface:
Reply 32
gianthead
Is it worth me applying to other McDs in the area?

Yes, each store will have different managers, you've got nothing to lose!:p:
Reply 33
gianthead
I feel so degraded, turned down by McDonalds!:redface:

I got rejected in the first interview, and I one of the other interviewees couldn't even speak English. :rolleyes:
Reply 34
DavidJas

That is very true.
Reply 35
hi i applied for mcdonalds last week and a woman from mcdonalds called Amy called my house and left a message saying that i should call her back.

what is she gonna say to me??

anyway im from norwich. so if ur from norwich give me a shout out

thankswww.myspace.com/n17uk
Reply 36
We don't know what she's going to say! LOL!
Reply 37
brockshot
hi i applied for mcdonalds last week and a woman from mcdonalds called Amy called my house and left a message saying that i should call her back.

what is she gonna say to me??

anyway im from norwich. so if ur from norwich give me a shout out

thankswww.myspace.com/n17uk

lol. great revival of a thread. i enjoyed your myspace page a great deal.
Reply 38
Lol does McDonalds actually interview?
I thought anyone with a pulse could get a McJob?
Siddhartha

I thought anyone with a pulse could get a McJob?

Obviously not. :rolleyes:

As you can see the OP got rejected..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending