The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Panic!

Scroll to see replies

i applied last week and haven't heard anything back. boo to the hoo, i want a job!
i might apply again because i can't fathom why they don't want me, i am a perfect candidate. :P
Reply 41
I can't believe you have 2 rounds when i worked at macdonald's it was a 10 minute interview got offered the job there and then. Then a couple of days later you went to macdonald's and watched health stuff on a video and then started a couple of days after that. I wore black trousers and a shirt but a friend of mine went in jeans and a tshirt and also got a job there. x
But bear in mind there are currently tonnes of students applying for jobs in McDonalds. Its not about not being good enough for the job, OP. If there just aren't enough jobs to go around you won't get one. Try applying to others in the area. The interview I went to was totally different. I had a group interview in a restaurant where we just did team-building games and stuff (In which you just need to be the one that visibly gets involved, because most people just clam up) then a 5 minute one on one interview, and we were told there and then if we'd got the job.
Thanks for all this great info, I have an interview at mcdonalds tomorrow and was wondering if it would be a group or one-on-one but seems like different stores use different methods!
Reply 44
I had a one to one interview today and i have been invited back on monday for a second interview and to work on the drive thru,

thats a good thing right???
Reply 45
Jesus you must have a competitive McDonald's. I'm waiting for an interview at the moment but my mate works there and she just went to interview, talked for a few minutes, got job - yours makes it sounds like you're applying for a £250,000 bank loan or something,
Reply 46
My dad said it was a bit excessive for McDonalds, i just thought it was standard procedure? lol
vaughn_
I had a one to one interview today and i have been invited back on monday for a second interview and to work on the drive thru,

thats a good thing right???

I used to work on the Drive-Thru! :smile: Its the easiest bit, seriously, you should refuse to work anywhere else (like I did)
Reply 48
what does working on the drive thru entail?? im really nervous lol
vaughn_
what does working on the drive thru entail?? im really nervous lol

Well you see the cars drive through and...:smile:

Stop worrying, I have a mate who works drive through at McDonalds and he tells me it's a piece of cake.
Reply 50
TotalImmortal
Well you see the cars drive through and...:smile:

Stop worrying, I have a mate who works drive through at McDonalds and he tells me it's a piece of cake.

Lol :biggrin: i get nerves over the stupidest of things lol
When the car is coming through it sets off a buzzer and get your ass up to the window. Car pulls up, you take their order and press correct buttons on till (till is very simple - its all labelled like "Medium Extra Value Meals" then "Big Mac Meal" so its easy to use) then take their money, give them straws and sauces and "You can collect your order at window 3". When there isn't a car there you'll be like washing up, making salads and yoghurt, that kind of thing.
My interview has been postponed cause of sickness :frown: cant wait for them to reschedule it lol
Reply 53
Incidently, how long did it take you lot to get your interviews?
Reply 54
Posted the application on monday, got a phone call on weds to ask if i wanted an interview, then the interview was thursday
Handed application form in last friday, received a phonecall tuesday and interview was arranged for today.
Reply 56
Well I applied on Tuesday, so in that case it shouldn't be long.
Reply 57
pinkpinkuk
When the car is coming through it sets off a buzzer and get your ass up to the window. Car pulls up, you take their order and press correct buttons on till (till is very simple - its all labelled like "Medium Extra Value Meals" then "Big Mac Meal" so its easy to use) then take their money, give them straws and sauces and "You can collect your order at window 3". When there isn't a car there you'll be like washing up, making salads and yoghurt, that kind of thing.

doesnt sound too bad then =] i only have to do it for 20 minutes or so
Its easy, once you've been shown how to use the till and that, you will get the hang of it in 20 minutes no problem. Just remember to smile and say hello and goodbye and stuff. :smile:
Reply 59
Second interview tomorrow, any advice??? preferably from people who have worked there or had one??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending