Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 11 thread mark III (woo!) / Year 12 2012/13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 105 followers

(Original post by SparkleDust231)
    At least that's something
    Yup
    But you never know how you did until results day... I remember after I came out of my OMAM English Lit exam last January, I was certain that I had failed. However, I came out with great results (I've probably never felt so pleasantly surprised after seeing those results), so you never know
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought today's English went okay. I was happy with both questions they gave about LOTF but answered the first one. I hated the Purple Hibiscus one, our teacher had spent the last 2 weeks working on practice about Papa for the exam...unimpressed. I was quite flustered and probably babbled. I was finding it hard to get what was in my head out onto the paper near the end! Oh well, no English ever again! One down, ten to go.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    oh haha i did the same :L yeah i couldn't believe how easy some of it was, like the molecular formula of water! i sat there for ages trying to check if i was missing stuff out lol it was good but i think grade boundaries might be really high cos everyone found it easy :s

are you doing P3 on thursday?
    Which exam board are you doing your science exams with? Just wondering.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Yup
    But you never know how you did until results day... I remember after I came out of my OMAM English Lit exam last January, I was certain that I had failed. However, I came out with great results (I've probably never felt so pleasantly surprised after seeing those results), so you never know
    True, I'm more confident in AVFTB & I got good grades in my CA's so hopefully that will bring my mark up a bit
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan0012)
    Which exam board are you doing your science exams with? Just wondering.
    Edexcel 360
    you?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparkleDust231)
    Aw, I used to like English until recently when I discovered I was awful at lit.

I don't think I will be taking English judging by my exam performance today everyone in my class was crying inside because we covered every theme apart from justice, and those poems were horrible. I will be so happy if I pass even at a C. My heart is breaking after i spent ages revising themes and characters and justice came up :/

& I even forgot to write that it was Unit 1 on the front of the exam paper next to English Literature -_- .
    I am sure that if everyone in your year found it hard then the grade boundaries will be low and then you would have done good! After the exam today I am feeling a little bit more confident about A-Level but I still have poetry on thrusday which I am not too great at and then Language next tuesday but we will see how it goes I guess.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This week: Done 4 exams, 4 left

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    Edexcel 360
    you?
    AQA, I was just concerned because we have our C3 exam on Thursday and P3 next Wednesday, right after Additional Maths... , my brain will have literally turned to mush after that. It's a good thing I've got a long break until history in June after that.

It's probably the same stuff we're learning in science anyway, what was your exam like?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxlovelifexox)
    i don't actually know, because i don't really properly know my ISA mark, the school doesn't disclose it for some reason and we're sitting all 9 science papers at the end of year 11, we sit all our exams at the end! what about you?
    All 9?! Wow!!! Why are they making you do that? Oh and I need 65 I think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, AQA poetry and OCR chem on thursday :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandraa)
    Really?! omg id love an a* I've been getting around 26/30 and 18/30 hahaha in the practice ones and i thought I would struggle to get an a again! So sounds quite good

Yep it's true But you never know this year, the grade boundaries may be a lot higher
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman9999)
    Yep it's true But you never know this year, the grade boundaries may be a lot higher
    Hmm I guess it depends how everyone did nationally at the end the day but even with an A I'd be over the moon cos I'm not doing English next year

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLKeating)
    I thought today's English went okay. I was happy with both questions they gave about LOTF but answered the first one. I hated the Purple Hibiscus one, our teacher had spent the last 2 weeks working on practice about Papa for the exam...unimpressed. I was quite flustered and probably babbled. I was finding it hard to get what was in my head out onto the paper near the end! Oh well, no English ever again! One down, ten to go.
    Same, I answered the question on how Golding presents death as well, I think I did alright on that question.
    I did To Kill a Mockingbird and the questions were pretty demanding, I was just blurting out points for the extract question, but I managed to get some detailed stuff out for the 'big' question after that. Done 8 exams and got 8 to go, really feels like I'm looking back on the exams I was dreading, also poetry isn't going to be too hard because we just need to make points and if we have enough evidence then we'll do alright.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Same, I answered the question on how Golding presents death as well, I think I did alright on that question.
    I did To Kill a Mockingbird and the questions were pretty demanding, I was just blurting out points for the extract question, but I managed to get some detailed stuff out for the 'big' question after that. Done 8 exams and got 8 to go, really feels like I'm looking back on the exams I was dreading, also poetry isn't going to be too hard because we just need to make points and if we have enough evidence then we'll do alright.
    I did tkam too! Thought it emphasised the need for context!!!

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do TKAM but for my extract on Purple Hibiscus I was just shoving ideas on the page and trying to sound sophisticated. It probably didn't work but I'd be happy with an A!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I guess it depends how everyone did nationally at the end the day but even with an A I'd be over the moon cos I'm not doing English next year

Yeah same here but I'm really hoping I can go above my prediction and get an A* because my CA was quite high and I don't want all my revision and effort to go to waste!
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey how you all been

I have been busy with exams Haven't we all?!

Here is a song!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Emglish was easy... I only mentioned Curley's wife in the OMAM qipuestion, I dont think you'll loose too many for other characters
    I also talked pretty much only about Curley's wife, although I did mention the "cat-house" girls as another example of unnamed women in society.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamtidal)
    I also talked pretty much only about Curley's wife, although I did mention the "cat-house" girls as another example of unnamed women in society.
    I did OMAM as well I only mentioned Curley's wife as my teacher said that since the answers of part a and b overlap you should focus on the character or theme/relationship asked in the first part in part b too... You won't lose marks for not mentioning other women but as long as your analysis of the women in society at that time in general was good then it's fine
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ptolemy001)
    Ugh, AQA poetry and OCR chem on thursday :/
    Same! But I have AQA How you finding it?

I wont be doing english either
Updated: July 7, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.