The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by mandi21
Good luck to all doing the Ideas in context paper (OCR 21st Century Science)!
And good luck to everyone else with whatever exam you have today!
I was reading through a bit of the thread I missed yesterday to see a lot of you are doing your poetry exams, I'm happy I got mine out of the way in January. I'm sure you'll all be fine, I was a bit worried about what poems would come up but they ended up giving us really nice ones! :smile:

I believe it's a the core one today aye! :smile:

Good luck to those who are doing it.
Reply 2381
So little time, so many university lectures I want to watch on Computer Science! :frown:
I've got my OCR 21st Century Chemistry today, final exam and then no Chemistry ever again! I'm worried though...hopeless at titration calculations
Reply 2383
Chemistry and English Lit today, good luck everyone else with exams :five:
Original post by Nathan0012
Yeah it can be hard to remember all the formulas, I just keep practicing and keep saying them in my head, some of them have a rhythm which you can say them to to help remember them. I'm OK with most of the stuff in the course, but it was originally a big shock to me, on my first practice way back in November the highest grade was a C, but now a few of us are aiming for A, including me :smile: I'm just a little bit concerned I have to do this exam, and then straight away afterwards I have to do a Physics P3 exam :frown: Hopefully it will all be fine in the end :biggrin:

Yeah I'm hoping for an A too :smile: aww poor you, I think I did P3 last year... I'm basically fine with all of add maths apart from trig identities :confused:
How did everyone find chemistry? I would say it was quite hard but still think i did reasonably well

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange Monte Carlo
Original post by shyamshah
How did everyone find chemistry? I would say it was quite hard but still think i did reasonably well

AQA? I messed up on the ones where I had to name things, wrote ionic instead of covalent and I knew as soon as the exam finished I made that mistake.

I found it fairly hard but I hope my struggles mean I eventually got correct answers, or marks for working out- or a low grade boundary! Need an A/B. :smile: Want an A but a B will still get me the grade I want (I think).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Paparazzo
AQA? I messed up on the ones where I had to name things, wrote ionic instead of covalent and I knew as soon as the exam finished I made that mistake.

I found it fairly hard but I hope my struggles mean I eventually got correct answers, or marks for working out- or a low grade boundary! Need an A/B. :smile: Want an A but a B will still get me the grade I want (I think).

I think the grade boundaries will be quite low, overall i am just happy it's done now

Reply 2388
Everyone in my year said the higher paper for chemistry was really easy. I must say, even though it was foundation I sat I never once thought to myself 'what the ****' like I did in the past papers
Original post by shyamshah
I think the grade boundaries will be quite low, overall i am just happy it's done now

I got A* in C1a and an A in C1b but I'm going to do badly in C2. I'll try and remain calm until TSR posts the unofficial mark scheme. Hopefully I did better on bigger questions. I'm focusing on the negative (I hope).

I hope they'll be low too, and I'm also glad it's over- but I'll be revisiting it at A Level!

I think the chemistry was okay easier than I thought it would be how did everyone else find it

What did u guys get for the question about how u can make the solution solid?

Everybody at my school who did the 21st century OCR core science unit 4 found it really easy there was hardly any "science", all ethics and stuff instead! How did you guys find it?
Reply 2393
Original post by Zahirajavaid
What did u guys get for the question about how u can make the solution solid?

I took a guess and wrote electrolysis lol, probs wrong but o well
Good luck to everybody doing their English today :smile: doing some last minute cramming with some poems I think might come up
Original post by Paparazzo

I messed up too!!! For the amount of volume needed for 3H2 I just wrote 3 and moree mistake like them EG the last question I wrote metals have a Covalent bond!!! Not Matallic :frown:
Reply 2396
im worried about poetry this afternoon! I so want to be able to write about ozymandias, the river god, horse whisperer or medusa!
what are people's guesses for the grade boundaries for AQA C2 and C3?
Mentally preparing my self for the english literature exam.... I dont know my poetry jargon, got half an hour left.
Reply 2399
OZYMANDIAS POWER!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Soooo happy right now! could not have had a better question!! Didn't think unseen was too bad either!

How did everyone else find it? :smile:

Latest