The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexandraa
That's true they dont decide boundaries until all the scripts have been marked

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i was just thinking the grade boundaries would be fairly similar to last year, seeing as everyone says it's more or less around the same level
Reply 2581
Original post by tamil4
I did! Mametz wood and and Yellow Palm
you?

I did bayonet charge and the charge of the light brigade. :smile:
Original post by lil-mazie
Ok Jobs. Anyone getting one? Can't find a place that will hire me, what job usually take in poor 16 yr olds:wink:

I guess I'm lucky as my family own a garden centre so I have a job sorted until I go away to university really. Got put on the pay two months ago, love pay day! I'm saving for a school trip to Kenya, exciting.
Reply 2583
Original post by Caz.123
Is anyone trying to get work experience over the holidays? If so where?

I've contacted the RSPCA to do some charity work and just need to email them back and see if they've got anything. :smile:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i was just thinking the grade boundaries would be fairly similar to last year, seeing as everyone says it's more or less around the same level

Yeah exactly. But it depends how good our year is at chem and that sort of thing. Plus if they have complaints about qus on the paper

Yeah exactly. But it depends how good our year is at chem and that sort of thing. Plus if they have complaints about qus on the paper

exactly, it's really hard to say and i guess that's what sometimes makes it most frustrating
Omg me too!!!!!!!!

How did you find it? And what sort of things did you compare? I don't think I've done too well :s-smilie:

Original post by Deziah
I did bayonet charge and the charge of the light brigade. :smile:

Some of my friends did those two. Are you pleased with how it went?
LOL unit 1 i haven't even looked at P2 or P3 yet! unit 1 is definitely for half-term! good, another mutual thing in common :wink: we shouldn't really be proud of our bad revision ways though, oh well! :tongue:

I haven't either! I've got Astronomy, English Language and P2 and P3 next week and I haven't looked at any of them :tongue: Oh yeah we do have another thing in common :wink:
Reply 2588
Original post by tamil4

I think it went okay, not too sure really. My teacher didn't even tell us how to compare, so I had a mad panic this morning finding a technique, and I don't know if it was what I was supposed to do. ;s
How did yours go?
Original post by tamil4
How did you find it? And what sort of things did you compare? I don't think I've done too well :s-smilie:

Yeah it was hard! Well I compared how they both had enjambment but it meant diff things
How yellow palm was pessimistic and how mametz wood showed the realisation of how long the effects last
I compared the use of metaphors, personification
I talked about the rhyme scheme being regular in yellow palm showing how war won't change will last forever. The irregular scheme in mametz showing shock of effects of war
Then I said about the muezzins wild eyes or whatever hahaha I can't remember too much of what I wrote but i don't think I did well

I've got a query about English exam answer booklets.

Does it matter what page you start writing your answer. For example, the first two pages of my answer booklet were covered with crossing outs (I did a few drafts) and then for the third page, I started writing the proper essay for my first question.
Original post by Leelad
After the disastrous exam on Tuesday today felt a lot better :smile:

Did anyone else compare Quickdraw to The Manhunt? And did anyone else write about the 'giant playing bowls' possibly being God for the unseen poetry?

Same! Tuesday's exam was a complete nightmare and disaster:frown:
I did Praise Song... and Sonnet 43, because I found that easier:smile:
For the unseen poetry, I explained the significance of the imagery of 'thunder', all the other techniques and the structure of the poem.
I didn't mention anything about 'giant playing bowls':biggrin:
This thread moves so fast that I don't know what's going on :l
Reply 2593
Original post by Kwaku_96

Does it matter what page you start writing your answer. For example, the first two pages of my answer booklet were covered with crossing outs (I did a few drafts) and then for the third page, I started writing the proper essay for my first question.

Don't worry, provided you clearly crossed the drafts out, you'll be fine.
Reply 2594

I doubt it. :smile:
Original post by c3ntury
x

Exams going OK for you? :smile:

Why did you waste 2 pages of answer booklet?-you could have run out of space which isn't desirable.Question:Can plunder mean ruin your chances/ because thats what I thought it meant but apparently not according to dictionaries "He will plunder my chances of succeeding"
Reply 2597
makes sense! what a special year we are :tongue:

not as special as the current year 9's - they are getting linear sciences!!!! imagine...aaaah!!

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Physics and English? OCR Gateway and Wjec?

both aqa... :smile:

Original post by Caz.123
Is anyone trying to get work experience over the holidays? If so where?

I've got some at a doctors surgery :smile:

Original post by Zigggyy.
wooo, guys, I have a job interview at harrods ahahaha! :')

ZIGGGYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice one!!! I love Harrods!!
Who's confident for physics next week?!
Original post by adamsharif
Who's confident for physics next week?!

I'm quite confident tbh :smile: Along with the brilliant notes which Charlie kindly sent me, I think I'm quite prepared for the exam :smile:

You? :smile:

Latest