The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by shyamshah
Who has physics on wednesday next week? How are you feeling about it?

Yep me!

Alright actually, have done a good amount of past papers and got A*'s on all of them, just need to brush up on the generator stuff...

yourself?
Reply 2941
Original post by GreenLantern1
I havem't got any GCSE exams. But I got 2 AS-Level one's

Got my AS-ICT Unit 2 exam on Tuesday for 1hr30 mins. I am only going to revise for this one tbh. The I have my Additional Maths FSMQ exam on Wednesday which is half an AS-Level so not as important. This one is an easy A though. You only need like 70/100 to get an A on average and I have been getting 97-100 in past papers so I am just going to do the remaining past papers for it and I should be fine!

What about yourself?

Awesome, I'm sure you'll ace them :smile:

English language :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and Phys unit 3 :smile:
after that I have 11 days until 2 maths, then history the same week then I AM DONE!!!
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yep me! Alright actually, have done a good amount of past papers and got A*'s on all of them, just need to brush up on the generator stuff... yourself?
That is good :smile: I am feeling alright about it, but still need to do some more work on it. Need an A in this so I can get an A overall :smile:
Reply 2943
That is good :smile: I am feeling alright about it, but still need to do some more work on it. Need an A in this so I can get an A overall :smile:

That's great! :smile:
I calculated that to get an A* overall I need 82 ums in this exam.... Should be able to get that hopefully :smile:

after this, no more physics for me ever again.. I don't mind the subject itself, I love the space side of it etc but there is soooo much boring stuff...Decided I couldn't take it just for the odd topic I'd enjoy lol !
That's great! :smile: I calculated that to get an A* overall I need 82 ums in this exam.... Should be able to get that hopefully :smile: after this, no more physics for me ever again.. I don't mind the subject itself, I love the space side of it etc but there is soooo much boring stuff...Decided I couldn't take it just for the odd topic I'd enjoy lol !
I am very glad that I won't ever have to do science as a whole ever again as it's my weakest subject by some distance. I am sure that if you have been getting A*s in past papers then you will be able to get it in the real exam! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Awesome, I'm sure you'll ace them :smile:

English language :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and Phys unit 3 :smile:
after that I have 11 days until 2 maths, then history the same week then I AM DONE!!!

Cheers.

I will have 11 more exams after half term :frown: Have 7 just in the week straight after - 7 in 5 days KMN (kill me now lool)

I did both my engluish language exams in year 1- - got 2 A's which I AM HAPPY ITH (English is like my only bad subject)
Reply 2946
Cheers.

I will have 11 more exams after half term :frown: Have 7 just in the week straight after - 7 in 5 days KMN (kill me now lool)

I did both my engluish language exams in year 1- - got 2 A's which I AM HAPPY ITH (English is like my only bad subject)

That is prettttyyy awful... I wish you good luck my friend, I hope you come out alive (i'm sure you will :biggrin:)

LUCKY and well done!! I'm pretty well rounded really and can do alright in everything but english...its like its out there to kill me, I mean why english - its so annoyingly important...why couldn't It be something else. something LESS important...
Reply 2947
I am very glad that I won't ever have to do science as a whole ever again as it's my weakest subject by some distance. I am sure that if you have been getting A*s in past papers then you will be able to get it in the real exam! :smile:

I hope so! So your not taking any sciences, what are you taking next year? (if you don't mind me asking lol :smile: ) and what do you hope to do in the future? :biggrin:
I hope so! So your not taking any sciences, what are you taking next year? (if you don't mind me asking lol :smile: ) and what do you hope to do in the future? :biggrin:
Economics, Psychology, maths and English lit + lang. Not really sure what I wana do, was looking at Criminology but not sure how many jons are available for it so might have to do something else instead. What about you?
That is prettttyyy awful... I wish you good luck my friend, I hope you come out alive (i'm sure you will :biggrin:)

LUCKY and well done!! I'm pretty well rounded really and can do alright in everything but english...its like its out there to kill me, I mean why english - its so annoyingly important...why couldn't It be something else. something LESS important...

Well it isn't that important. As long as I get my 2 A's in language and literature (should have A in language already as i have done all exams and coursework which have all been marked) I am fine.
Reply 2950
Economics, Psychology, maths and English lit + lang. Not really sure what I wana do, was looking at Criminology but not sure how many jons are available for it so might have to do something else instead. What about you?

Biology,Chemistry,Maths,Economics (and maybe further maths). For the almighty competition that is medicine...If I'm rejected (which is most likely..even though I'm trying to keep a positive attitude) chemical engineering.
Biology,Chemistry,Maths,Economics (and maybe further maths). For the almighty competition that is medicine...If I'm rejected (which is most likely..even though I'm trying to keep a positive attitude) chemical engineering.
I am sure if you put your mind to it, you will achieve what you wish to! Yeah same with me, just trying to stay positive for the future.
Reply 2952
Well it isn't that important. As long as I get my 2 A's in language and literature (should have A in language already as i have done all exams and coursework which have all been marked) I am fine.

I got a B and a C in my mocks (didn't include cw stuff)..both were annoyingly one mark off the next grade.. It's just in comparison to my other grades english doesn't look good - the exams felt like they went well for lit though so we shall see.

Lets just say that if I were to open that envelope and see any A*'s for english I would probably faint :biggrin:
Original post by thisisjokes
Hmm Just-in-Time is definitely a favourite, as is the marketing mix!

Have you done Unit 1 and Unit 2 yet?

I have done Unit 1 last year, and I did Unit 2 this year!
I just need to ace this exam to get an A* or high A:tongue:

Ohh--cool!
I've just revised the Just In Time systems, the pro's and con's and stuff like that, but the communications is really annoying!
Perhaps you could help me out? x
Reply 2954
I know this is odd but I really don't like 98 ums... its like the mark scheme is saying "haha! you didn't make it, now go and cry"

I know 98 ums is great but its so... URRRGH! tbh I'd prefer 95..at least then its not so annoyingly close...
(edited 11 years ago)
LOlll I am very much into it hehe. Although I don't actually disregard every other subject. I find all 3 other sciences nearly as equally important (lool) and german as improtant (jsut cuz I love it and am weirdly really good at it - been doing A-Level stuff for it this year!).

Edexcel Maths right, so we have 2 of the same exams. I am going to just do past papers for those in the holidays; if I can find any loool!

Cool! I hate German so much.... I just don't like it!
I prefer French and Spanish over German big time!:biggrin:
Alright, you're doing A-Level German aswell? Nice:cool:

I'm doing modular, and I have units 1 and 3 left (it's the calculator stuff).
It's mainly topics like: trigonometry, vectors, Pythagoras', congruent and similar shapes... for unit 3 and unit 1 is statistics and probability (which I suck at)
I find maths really easy, so it shouldn't be a problem!
Same! I am going to pay attention to it during the half-term and do heaps of past papers then I'm pretty much ready for it!:smile:
I have an agonising 11 exams left:frown:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
it's quite cramped for timing

Yeah.., I Mean i revised for everything And its not difficult but, Business studies is an Excruciatingly Long Boring Subject ..
Im just so sick of it. :sick:
Who has physics on wednesday next week? How are you feeling about it?

Me !

And i cant wait :smile::biggrin:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey just wondering what exam board is your history exam, what topic is your exam based on and is it an essay or source based exam? :redface:

I Got Edexcel history unit 3 a divided union wbu ... :frown:

I'm doing AQA and the exam paper has both source and essay styled questions.
What's not to love!

I went through 3 Ice-lollies, 2 Cornettos and a tub of ben and jerrys (cookie dough) yesterday. There is hardly anything in the freezer now :frown:

So hot!!!

Yes I do :biggrin: I'm surprised i'm not overweight because of it tbh lol...probably all the exercise I do...

Lol :biggrin:

I've never really liked ice cream tbh...unless it's Ben and Jerry's cookie dough :tongue:

Latest