The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Finished school today, start of study leave for use year 11's, it makes your really appreiciate how amazing school really is but back to school on monday for my dreaded physics exam :frown:
Reply 281
Original post by usycool1
6 exams down, 10 to go :biggrin:

Awesommeee

I've got 9.. ( I think *looks at timetable*... yep!)
Original post by CharlieBoardman
You're flying through them! :') I only have 7 left! :biggrin: really happy with that! I plan to just go over AS content of my chosen options, just to be prepared for when I get to college :smile: along with a few parties here and there :biggrin: you?

Haha i know they one started on Friday and I've done 8 already :O Time goes quick :smile:
7! good luck with them, how many did you have in total this summer?
That's sensible of you for going over AS content, might do that myself but i'm scared i will find it really hard :/
Well not much planned porbably go out with friends and enjoy myself for once :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by simibean
Finished school today, start of study leave for use year 11's, it makes your really appreiciate how amazing school really is but back to school on monday for my dreaded physics exam :frown:

It is sad but new starts are great!

I'm sure it will be fine! I have bio on Monday... its the start of the week that seems to be awful for nearly everyone :frown:
Original post by DrSL
Same! I think because I go to a private school and it's small all the teachers are pretty close to us :smile: But it's time to leave!

I really will miss some of them. But, as you said, it's time to move onto the next chapter! :smile:
Reply 285
Original post by g.k.galloway
It is sad but new starts are great!

I'm sure it will be fine! I have bio on Monday... its the start of the week that seems to be awful for nearly everyone :frown:

I have Biology too :smile: AQA?
I'm staying at the same school (as long as i get the grades :smile:) so I should be able to see all my favorite teachers again as most of them teach the subjects I want to take.
Our teacher's also know us really well so its been odd - we've had lots of group photos! my maths teacher for example has taught me for 5 years! I'm hoping to get the same teacher next year :smile:

I wish I could go to college but bring all the teachers with me :biggrin: that would be ace :p: My maths teacher taught me for 5 years too! Hes such a fantastic guy. He's the best teacher in the whole school too. He's phenomenal! Would definitely like to keep in touch with him once I leave :smile:
Original post by blueray
Haha yeah i'm changing :smile:
It's a bit closer and its only a sixth form :biggrin:
Less fredom but better grades :tongue:

The grades you get depend on the amount of work you put in, not just where you go!
Reply 288
Original post by DrSL
I have Biology too :smile: AQA?

Indeed :smile:

then chem on thursday (along with eng. lit)

physics is not for a while...(i say that now lol) umm... may 30th

and another english lit on tuesday.....nasty week..
The grades you get depend on the amount of work you put in, not just where you go!

Yeah that's true :biggrin: I meant to say, they push you more :smile:
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Haha i know they one started on Friday and I've done 8 already :O Time goes quick :smile:
7! good luck with them, how many did you have in total this summer?
That's sensible of you for going over AS content, might do that myself but i'm scared i will find it really hard :/
Well not much planned porbably go out with friends and enjoy myself for once :smile:

That's mental! I've only had to do a total of 8 this summer! How great for me is that! :biggrin: my last exam is the 30th May, so I have a 3 month summer to look at AS content :smile: I'm sure you won't find it too hard, you'll be fine! I'd just rather be prepared :smile:
Reply 291
I wish I could go to college but bring all the teachers with me :biggrin: that would be ace :p: My maths teacher taught me for 5 years too! Hes such a fantastic guy. He's the best teacher in the whole school too. He's phenomenal! Would definitely like to keep in touch with him once I leave :smile:

Yeh my maths teacher is one of my favs. along with my bio and chem teachers!

my maths teacher is notorious for eating choc. digestives and giving them out at birthdays if you have maths (birthday biscuits are fab!)
so when we left on wednesday we (me and my friend) gave him a pack of choc digestives and a thank you card...aaahhh his face - priceless!
Original post by blueray
Yeah that's true :biggrin: I meant to say, they push you more :smile:

Well yes, I suppose they do. However, I wouldn't like to be pushed, and constantly reminded when I have to get things done for. I know my dead lines, and I know he to meet them. I would just feel too much like high school to me. The whole point of moving on is to gain more independence in my opinion! I don't want to be getting phone calls home if I miss a day, or if I'm late for class. You know what I mean? I'd still feel like I'm being treated like a kid.
That's mental! I've only had to do a total of 8 this summer! How great for me is that! :biggrin: my last exam is the 30th May, so I have a 3 month summer to look at AS content :smile: I'm sure you won't find it too hard, you'll be fine! I'd just rather be prepared :smile:

Wow lucky you, still don't understand why I have 21 exams :smile: Have you done GCSE exams last year aswell, is that the reason you only have 8 exams?
3 months is a long time but I guess we deserve it :smile:
Yeh my maths teacher is one of my favs. along with my bio and chem teachers!

my maths teacher is notorious for eating choc. digestives and giving them out at birthdays if you have maths (birthday biscuits are fab!)
so when we left on wednesday we (me and my friend) gave him a pack of choc digestives and a thank you card...aaahhh his face - priceless!

Awh, that sounds really nice :biggrin: ! My favourite are Maths, Physics, Bio and PE :smile: I've bought my maths and physics teachers an Oscar trophy replica with a personal engraving in each of them :smile: E.g. On my Physics teachers trophy it says:
'Best Physics Teacher 2012
Mr Dunning
An Inspirational Role Model
Awarded by Charlie Boardman'
I hope they like them! :biggrin:
Original post by shyamshah
My teacher let me retake some of them so I am on an A/A* so I am hoping to get an A* overall. AQA for science is good, haha surely Edexcel can't be that bad though.

Yeah I retook one too and then they sent the grade from that off. A* in German would be really nice, and considering the boundaries aren't too bad usually it shouldn't be too bad. It's not awful I think part of it is that my school don't let us do early modules so we have to do all the exams in summer and if we do bad- we're screwed!
I always feel like I write way too much in all my replies!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 296
Anyone here doing a sixth form/college taster week?

I'm going to my sixth form one also begin my prefect duties, it goes like this -
Monday - years 6's (to be new year 7's) parents evening thing which i have to attend as a prefect
Tuesday-Thursday is induction week where we get our timetable, meet our new form tutors and meet the newcomers from other schools :smile: as well as going to our AS classes
Friday - new year 7 taster day in which I take one of the soon to be new forms around a school day with a couple of other soon to be year 12's lol

and then prom is that friday evening... rather busy week :smile:

Well yes, I suppose they do. However, I wouldn't like to be pushed, and constantly reminded when I have to get things done for. I know my dead lines, and I know he to meet them. I would just feel too much like high school to me. The whole point of moving on is to gain more independence in my opinion! I don't want to be getting phone calls home if I miss a day, or if I'm late for class. You know what I mean? I'd still feel like I'm being treated like a kid.

Lol yeah, if I was late in the sixth from i'm going to they would probably let you off if it's valid like a few times then kick you out :gah:

Getting older is serious stuff :tongue:
Reply 298
Awh, that sounds really nice :biggrin: ! My favourite are Maths, Physics, Bio and PE :smile: I've bought my maths and physics teachers an Oscar trophy replica with a personal engraving in each of them :smile: E.g. On my Physics teachers trophy it says:
'Best Physics Teacher 2012
Mr Dunning
An Inspirational Role Model
Awarded by Charlie Boardman'
I hope they like them! :biggrin:

Now that is awesome!
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Wow lucky you, still don't understand why I have 21 exams :smile: Have you done GCSE exams last year aswell, is that the reason you only have 8 exams?
3 months is a long time but I guess we deserve it :smile:

I will have had around 30 exams in total over 2 years. I did around 14 exams last year, so I did quite a large proportion last year :smile: it was basically split half-and-half over two years :smile: I'd say it's a very well deserved 3 months :biggrin:

Latest