The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by Zozzy
could you please link me to the mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2019847&page=69 :smile:
Reply 6461
Hmm, anyone else here on study leave? I'm majorly procrastinating right now, but i'm still bored :/
Reply 6462

thanks I got 80 ish, what grade do you think that will be I think it will be an A but I odn't know if grade boundaries will be higher/ lower this year.
Original post by Zozzy
thanks I got 80 ish, what grade do you think that will be I think it will be an A but I odn't know if grade boundaries will be higher/ lower this year.

I got 61 +/- 2 or 4- Messed up badley im simutanlious equations and histogram! :L

I need possible 80 to get my A in maths since the grade boundaries last year was 119 for A.

You problerley got a B stroke A ! :tongue:
Reply 6464
Original post by Zozzy

Boundaries might be lower because it's the first year of the new spec. A* is normally about 160-170/200 which is 80-85/100 for each paper so 80 might be an A*, and at least an A :smile:
Reply 6465
This time next year, we will be sitting our final A-level exams, praying we get the grades for university. ;D
Reply 6466
Original post by Alexx53
Boundaries might be lower because it's the first year of the new spec. A* is normally about 160-170/200 which is 80-85/100 for each paper so 80 might be an A*, and at least an A :smile:

ah ok thats pretty good then :smile:, so hopefully I may have just scraped an A* which would be good but personally I don't mind if I get an A. I just think my teacher will XD see in my set we are basically all expected to get an A* or 100%, I think I may have been put in the wrong set XD
Reply 6467
Original post by Deziah
This time next year, we will be sitting our final A-level exams, praying we get the grades for university. ;D

I know, I guess next year at least we'll have a few less exams but they will be a lot harder than GCSE's XD.
Reply 6468
Original post by meeow
Hmm, anyone else here on study leave? I'm majorly procrastinating right now, but i'm still bored :/

I'm on study leave too and I'm also really bored, I've managed to battle my way through a maths paper this morning and done some geog revision but now I just seem to have lost my concentration from anything which is related to school :/.
Reply 6469
Original post by Zozzy
I know, I guess next year at least we'll have a few less exams but they will be a lot harder than GCSE's XD.

At least it will be subjects we actually chose though, haha. :smile:
I'm new here but would like to say Hello!

I'm currently on study leave and am getting distracted far too much...

4 exams left - AQA Maths tomorrow, AQA Geography, Edexcel German Listening and Reading. How many has everyone got left?
Reply 6471
Original post by AwkwardLemur

4 exams left - AQA Maths tomorrow, AQA Geography, Edexcel German Listening and Reading. How many has everyone got left?

I've got two; media and science. :-)
Reply 6472
Original post by AwkwardLemur

Hello there! I'm new too :smile: I've got AQA maths too, as well as history on friday :frown:
Reply 6473
Original post by Zozzy
I'm on study leave too and I'm also really bored, I've managed to battle my way through a maths paper this morning and done some geog revision but now I just seem to have lost my concentration from anything which is related to school :/.

Yeah, I spent the morning sleeping and reading Dracula (It's a good book!). I haven't even started History yet, it's like i've burnt myself out :s-smilie:
Reply 6474
Original post by Deziah
At least it will be subjects we actually chose though, haha. :smile:

very true actually, so what AS levels are you taking next year?
It's good to know I'm not the only one with exams left, most of my friends have finished or will be finished tomorrow, haha.

NO MORE MATHS AFTER TOMO-- Oh wait, I took Maths and Further Maths at A-Level. :P
Original post by Deziah
I've got two; media and science. :-)

i have three , maths tomorrow , history on Friday and textiles on the 21st

so jealous of the people in my school that have one or less , they'll all be at parties and i'll be learning about the benefits of a coat :angry:
Reply 6477
Original post by Zozzy
very true actually, so what AS levels are you taking next year?

Biology, chemistry, maths and French. You? :-)
Yeah, what AS Levels is everyone taking? And which will you drop?

I'm going:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Physics (probably drop this)

We also have to do General Studies. :frown:
Reply 6479
I'm revising for edexcel calculator maths tomorrow and I've got stuck on a question I was wondering if anybody could help me out by explaining how to do this to me.

So I'm doing similar shapes.

Q.) Two prisms, A and B, are mathematically similar.
The volume of prism A is 12,000 cm3
The volume of prism B is 49, 152cm3
The total surface area of prism B is 9,728cm2
Calculate the total surface area of prism A

I got the answer 4806.324 which is wrong. Some help would be really appreciated because I'm really stuck with this one XD.