The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what happens on enrolment day and induction day?
Original post by Pandora.
Haha. you will! :biggrin: Have fun with both :wink: I really wish I was as interested in Maths as you are :redface:

I'm sure I'll have a good night :smile: Maths is great! Time passes so quickly whilst studying maths though! My dad has to come up and tell me to stop and get something to eat.l I look at the clock and 3 hours has passed! O.o I'd do more than 3 hours... But my dad doesn't like it :frown:
Original post by Dobrzynski

You get locked in a cage and whipped on a regular basis! :devil:

.... In all seriousness, I don't actually know, I've been wondering about this too :curious:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I'm sure I'll have a good night :smile: Maths is great! Time passes so quickly whilst studying maths though! My dad has to come up and tell me to stop and get something to eat.l I look at the clock and 3 hours has passed! O.o I'd do more than 3 hours... But my dad doesn't like it :frown:
I hope you do! :smile: Wow, seriously!? :eek: Can I ask a question - do you see maths problems as 'puzzles' to solve? Sometimes I come across a question and it's quite fun to do, like solving a puzzle, and it makes it much more enjoyable for me. :smile:
You get locked in a cage and whipped on a regular basis! :devil:

.... In all seriousness, I don't actually know, I've been wondering about this too :curious:

:reddy:
I hope you do! :smile: Wow, seriously!? :eek: Can I ask a question - do you see maths problems as 'puzzles' to solve? Sometimes I come across a question and it's quite fun to do, like solving a puzzle, and it makes it much more enjoyable for me. :smile:

I love it :biggrin: and yes! A lot of maths questions are just trivial, and you see straight away how to get the answer... But I prefer the ones where you have to look at them for a while before realising the best method to solve them! That's why I like tackling UKMT Papers, as their questions are designed to make you think a lot more! :smile: they're fun too :biggrin:
:reddy:

Repped - purely due to the fact that you just make me laugh out loud.
I love it :biggrin: and yes! A lot of maths questions are just trivial, and you see straight away how to get the answer... But I prefer the ones where you have to look at them for a while before realising the best method to solve them! That's why I like tackling UKMT Papers, as their questions are designed to make you think a lot more! :smile: they're fun too :biggrin:
So I'm not odd then! :biggrin: Good :tongue:

I loved doing the UKMT, even though I didn't always do too well. I just enjoyed trying to pinpoint the right way to tackle the problems, like you say. :colone:
So I'm not odd then! :biggrin: Good :tongue:

I loved doing the UKMT, even though I didn't always do too well. I just enjoyed trying to pinpoint the right way to tackle the problems, like you say. :colone:

I've never actually officially sat a UKMT paper :frown: I plan to sit next years... On all of the ones I've sat, I've achieved Gold :smile: so I'm hoping I get gold next year too!

Varies from place to place. All they really do is sign you in as an A level student, might get you to sign a few things. If you need an ID card they'll take a picture. show you around and tell you about the structure of the day/facilities and generally welcome you.
I've never actually officially sat a UKMT paper :frown: I plan to sit next years... On all of the ones I've sat, I've achieved Gold :smile: so I'm hoping I get gold next year too!
:eek: Brilliant! The best I got was a Silver last year. :frown: I'll have to have a look at some tomorrow! (they are on the internet?)
:eek: Brilliant! The best I got was a Silver last year. :frown: I'll have to have a look at some tomorrow! (they are on the internet?)

Silver is great! It's a lot better than the majority of our top maths set :tongue:

They are on the Internet.l and I have a super secret link to them...! :colone:

Spoiler

Silver is great! It's a lot better than the majority of our top maths set :tongue:

They are on the Internet.l and I have a super secret link to them...! :colone:

Spoiler

I suppose I am quite proud of it... :tongue:

Thanks for the top secret link :ninja:
I suppose I am quite proud of it... :tongue:

Thanks for the top secret link :ninja:

Good - you should be! :smile: anyway..mim going to get some sleep! Getting up at 7 to do more maths :biggrin: night :smile:
Good - you should be! :smile: anyway..mim going to get some sleep! Getting up at 7 to do more maths :biggrin: night :smile:
Bye! :wavey: Make sure you get 100%! :wink:
Good morning everyone! Last day of Sixth Form induction for me today, so it should hopefully be good :smile: Y'all have a nice day :biggrin:
:biggrin:

Oh, and I just saw an advert which advertised a product called "Pandora" :tongue: Guess who I thought of when I saw it? :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Good morning everyone! Last day of Sixth Form induction for me today, so it should hopefully be good :smile: Y'all have a nice day :biggrin:

What exactly is sixth form induction?
Reply 9098
I need to find something productive to do with my study leave now exams are off

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Arva
Yep, new account.

Why? I see you're hangining out with us dons :tongue:

Original post by g.k.galloway
I'M BACK!!

That's if anyone noticed that I went *sniff*

Haha thought you were inactive!!!!!

Latest