Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Current Year 11 thread mark III (woo!) / Year 12 2012/13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    You needed to be there like a couple of months when we made the list. Ask g.k if you can go on, the group members have to agree :sexface:

I hate those threads where people discuss the exams like ages after they did it, seriously you'll get what you get, don't keep going on about it it wont make you feel any better
    Ahhh, I was being sarcastic because i've only just come back, I was on the thread a few months ago too, but now we're at the business end, the discussions are better than they were before.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys woo new thread
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Hey guys woo new thread
    hi jess!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceyJ)
    Ahhh, I was being sarcastic because i've only just come back, I was on the thread a few months ago too, but now we're at the business end, the discussions are better than they were before.
    "business end" :lol: I prefer before, all the exam talk is pretty stessful!
    EDIT: Quoted wrong person
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it before too. I don't like all this exam talk. Too much of it winds me up!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    School work is boring, it mostly doesn't relate to the exams at all. Doing past papers and stuff really makes you see how much you know etc..

(Original post by CharlieBoardman)
    I prefer it before too. I don't like all this exam talk. Too much of it winds me up!
    Whaaaaaaaaa. You guys are crazy,
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not mentioned
    heeyyy peeps i'm back - decided i couldn't sleep

what can i do for you PrinceyJ?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Hey guys woo new thread
    Heya
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I might not be on as much in next few days - week. Need to get my head down and revise
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Yeah I might not be on as much in next few days - week. Need to get my head down and revise
    So do I really.... Find myself "multitasking"
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    School work is boring, it mostly doesn't relate to the exams at all. Doing past papers and stuff really makes you see how much you know etc..

Whaaaaaaaaa. You guys are crazy,
    Why are we crazy? :L

(Original post by g.k.galloway)
    So do I really.... Find myself "multitasking"
    Try 'multi-quoting' too! Then maybe you wouldn't fill up the pages so quickly!!! And we could actually see conversation
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    And people revise at different times so you have a sea of generic comments all the time:
    • "Need to get revising"
    • "Just did 4 hours of revision, going to do 6 more!"
    • "Done no revision, let's go and do 15 hours!"
    • "Am I the only one revising 13 hours a day?"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Err.........my brain hurts and I haven't even started the intense revision On that note Night guys i'm hitting the sack
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    And people revise at different times so you have a sea of generic comments all the time:
    • "Need to get revising"
    • "Just did 4 hours of revision, going to do 6 more!"
    • "Done no revision, let's go and do 15 hours!"
    • "Am I the only one revising 13 hours a day?"
    Hahaha! You're absolutely right. I bet a quarter of the last 2000 posts in Thread mark II were along those lines!! I'm not a huge reviser, and those posts always make me feel bad! Like I'm not trying hard enough!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey! I don't think i ever introduced myself, but my name's zara and i go to school in south london hehe
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! You're absolutely right. I bet a quarter of the last 2000 posts in Thread mark II were along those lines!! I'm not a huge reviser, and those posts always make me feel bad! Like I'm not trying hard enough!
    Not a quartter! And I wouldn't worry. it gets to me to. Like today I thought I did a lot of revision and I added it up and it turned out to be 4 hours which I think is a lot. And then there are people here saying 6 hours isn't enough and then you have got the eannoying sixth fromers and uni students saying oh revise the night before and it an A*

So frustratin!!!!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)
    Not a quartter! And I wouldn't worry. it gets to me to. Like today I thought I did a lot of revision and I added it up and it turned out to be 4 hours which I think is a lot. And then there are people here saying 6 hours isn't enough and then you have got the eannoying sixth fromers and uni students saying oh revise the night before and it an A*

So frustratin!!!!
    Point proven lol
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)

So frustratin!!!!
    I was exaggerating mate 4 hours is a lot! I did 1.5! And that's enough for me!! 4 hours is loads!!! O.o
    People also over exaggerate when they say you only have to revise that night before to get an A*.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was exaggerating mate 4 hours is a lot! I did 1.5! And that's enough for me!! 4 hours is loads!!! O.o
    People also over exaggerate when they say you only have to revise that night before to get an A*.
    Exactly. The only subject for which that is true for is GCSE Maths! And sciences I can revise for if I have 2 days in which to revise!! But that would be if there aren't any other exams in these 2 days!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, you only have to revise an hour before. Jokes.

People do but far too much revision in though for GCSEs.
Updated: July 7, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.