Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Tips for interview at PwC

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    misspinx20 !!
    Sorry can you please explain to me what exactly you mean by "tell me a time when you felt wrong ? " like what did the interviewer actually meant by that ?

thanks
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misspinx20)
    Hi,

Are you talking about the questions asked in a telephone interview or at the assessment centre?

At the assessment centre they made us write a report based on a case study they gave us about water conservation, do a basic numerical and verbal reasoning test and also tested us on how we work in teams.

During the telephone interview, they asked for a current affair/news that interests me. They also asked competency based questions, such as 'tell me a time you worked in teams' and 'tell me a time when you had to do something that you felt wrong' (something along those lines). These are all explained on the pwc website

Sorry, i don't know anyone else who applied but i think a few people on TSR have been through the same process...

Have you applied for the same process? Good luck
    Hey Miss

Just wondering how your application is progressing? Did you get in? Are you still waiting to find out?

I hope things have turned out well for you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by According to Pete)
    Hey Miss

Just wondering how your application is progressing? Did you get in? Are you still waiting to find out?

I hope things have turned out well for you?

Hey, sorry for this late reply!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to the last stage which was the face to face interview. When I attended the assessment centre, there were quite a few things to do. One of them was a written report exercise, in which I had run out of time and so I couldn't finish it! That was the main reason why I didn't get through. I did well in the group exercise, maths test and English test though But they said I should try again this September, because I have a real potential of getting in, so hopefully next time I try I'll get in thank you for asking! For now, I'm starting university this month, so just preparing for that

• 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry for this late reply!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to the last stage which was the face to face interview. When I attended the assessment centre, there were quite a few things to do. One of them was a written report exercise, in which I had run out of time and so I couldn't finish it! That was the main reason why I didn't get through. I did well in the group exercise, maths test and English test though But they said I should try again this September, because I have a real potential of getting in, so hopefully next time I try I'll get in thank you for asking! For now, I'm starting university this month, so just preparing for that

Thanks for lettering back to us. Although its not a straight in success that sounds like you are in a great position for September.

I really hope to hear from you again with a successful outcome in future and I'm sure we will.

Cool your starting uni this month, exciting times, I hope youve got your big list of bits and pieces sorted out. It's really strange moving into Halls or other student digs for the first time but everyone is in the same boat so making friends is easier.

Can't wait to hear how you settle in and get to know the place. I hope you love both the academic and social side of uni.

Have fun
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lettering.... Hmmm now that's a new auto correct on me.... I meant getting
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by According to Pete)
    Lettering.... Hmmm now that's a new auto correct on me.... I meant getting
    Haha!

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that I didn't get the job the first time, but I'll just have to try harder now!

Oh and I won't be staying in the halls, because I live near to the university! I'll just be catching a train everyday and the journey is only 20 mins long

Yeah sure, I'll keep you posted about University and the PwC thing Thank you for your help
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll look forward to the updates thanks for sharing

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha!

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that I didn't get the job the first time, but I'll just have to try harder now!

Oh and I won't be staying in the halls, because I live near to the university! I'll just be catching a train everyday and the journey is only 20 mins long

Yeah sure, I'll keep you posted about University and the PwC thing Thank you for your help
    Why didn't you apply to the other programs offered by the rest of the big four? They all pay the same salaries and benefits since they compete for the same talent.

I was rejected twice by PWC for this same scheme, but got into KPMG.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7M33R)
    Why didn't you apply to the other programs offered by the rest of the big four? They all pay the same salaries and benefits since they compete for the same talent.

I was rejected twice by PWC for this same scheme, but got into KPMG.
    Oh really? Well, I have considered applying to Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst and Young, but I never really knew that the other firms do the same sort of programme until I got rejected by PwC! I'll probably start the others later this month. Congrats on getting into KPMG

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.