Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Higher Business Management 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkle10)
    The only thing they might ask you to draw is how to manage stock control.
    Don't forgot product life cycle.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Don't forgot product life cycle.
    Completely forgotten lol. I haven't seen that question pop up yet. But you never know this might be the year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's tomorrow.. ahh!! i've not even been doing revision today since I've been procrastinating all day! but i think i may have myself a few hours with my notes just to read read and read... anyone else feel the exam is just how much you can cram in to your head rather than what you know/don't know? (if you get me)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It says in my How to Pass book that its ok to write your answers in bullet points as long as you follow the command word?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaleedPirzada)
    It says in my How to Pass book that its ok to write your answers in bullet points as long as you follow the command word?
    My teachers have been telling me all year that all answers except question 1 need to be done in sentences and that you wont get any marks if you use bullet points.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camsh)
    My teachers have been telling me all year that all answers except question 1 need to be done in sentences and that you wont get any marks if you use bullet points.
    yeah but in that book it lays it out in a certain way. But, if you dont use bullet points, should you leave a space between each of your points to make it more clear for the marker?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camsh)
    Our teacher showed us sample exam scripts and someone had used bullet points but then written sentences and they got the marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if you are allowed to quote in the first question

I have always done so, but I read somewhere that it wasnt allowed.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgrubb)
    anyone know if you are allowed to quote in the first question

I have always done so, but I read somewhere that it wasnt allowed.
    Yeah you are.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cheers, so basically using what they have said in the case study is aloud!

Thank god for that, its the only way I know how to answer the question

GOOD LUCK! to everyone tomorrow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    FML barely been revising, thought i had a grip on things, but obviously never. I think the only way I'll know how i've done is after the exam, because so many different questions can come up, that it's hard to predict a grade. If that makes any sense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh! So true, there is that many questions they can ask you its hard to really know if you are prepared or not
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't bring myself to do anymore revising. I've done a total of 25 hours crammed in the past few days (10 hours yesterday). At first I had so much time to study but I just procrastinated the whole time (I blame the weather - must soak up the sun). Oh well, cant turn back time. Good luck to you all!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my brain is fried! but have done a fair amount of revision (i hope enough) still getting my head round FACES, the whole year i never bothered with it, but starting to make sense...a session of crash revision on ratio analysis and franchises should sort me out tomorrow Good luck everyone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me out with a definition of Empowerment? I've seen it in a couple anwer schemes but I don't remember being taught it and can't find it in my notes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camsh)
    Could anyone help me out with a definition of Empowerment? I've seen it in a couple anwer schemes but I don't remember being taught it and can't find it in my notes.
    It is when employees (somtimes managements) use their initiative and make decisions for themselves without having to consult managers. It happens during delayering and if an organisiation has a flat structure!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain to me the description of each of "role of HR please!
    Facilitator
    Auditor
    Consultancy
    Executive
    Service.

Thank youuu.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordza95)
    my brain is fried! but have done a fair amount of revision (i hope enough) still getting my head round FACES, the whole year i never bothered with it, but starting to make sense...a session of crash revision on ratio analysis and franchises should sort me out tomorrow Good luck everyone!
    We didnt get taught FACES but i saw it in my textbook and though naaa, it wont matter! Now im panicking, what actually is it? and do you think its a big risk not learning it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive not learnt FACES either!!! ahh!!! I'm scared for tomorrow! who has any hunches?

I'm thinking;
    branding/own brands, extension strategies, cash budgets & users bla bla

help!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.