The Student Room Group

AQA S1 May 18

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophocrates
Agreed, most of the time in mark schemes, if you have made one error and it's systematic and so continues on to your other answers, you still get marks for using your b)i) or ii) answer, for example. It is stated in many past paper mark schemes.
Don't worry! Not all 11 marks are lost. :smile:

I know, but it's just sad because i genuinely thought that it was right. I was always awful with conversions, I should have known. :frown:
Why was the confidence interval 5 marks by the way? theyre usually 4.

Only reason I could think of was a mark for noticing the 75ml thing that tried to catch you out.

It caught me out for a moment, then I was like wait a minute... 240 (or whatever the value was) litres in a 5 litre bottle? does not seem legit.
Original post by thedifferenatiator

Only reason I could think of was a mark for noticing the 75ml thing that tried to catch you out.

It caught me out for a moment, then I was like wait a minute... 240 (or whatever the value was) litres in a 5 litre bottle? does not seem legit.

I thought it was because they asked you to calculate the mean as well! Because on previous papers they usually give you an extra mark to calculate the mean if it is not given.
What did anyone get for the last question on confidence interval for the mean ??
Original post by uxa595
Yh, if it was 2 marks i reckon ive got 1 for the calc of the 3 seperate probabilities whih i should have eventually multiples together.

What do you all the think the B boundaries are?
My other exams have buffered me up nicely so i dont even have to do c4 as long as i get 71

Still a facepalm moment when i sat there for 5 min and couldnt do the norm dist question when inhad just just z=x-u/SD just a sec ago.

I reckon at most i lost the 6+2+5 marks for silly mistakes on the worded questions.
Should hopefully get over 60/75

my FP1 paper was like this, (a bit harder) and i got 60/75 and scraped a B :P so i'm still not confident i can get an A.
Original post by AvaSofia
I did that as well :biggrin:

I didn't do that but got the same answer.....
Reply 66
did anybody did the last probability ques ? hav answer
Reply 67
Was the probability one defo over 194,193 and 192
If so I only messed up the confidence interval
Lost probably about 6/7 because i didn't see the fact you needed to change the measurement -.-

Probably lost at most 15 then, still be okay to get my A as long as i get 80+ in c4
Original post by DeepDarkSecrets
What did anyone get for the last question on confidence interval for the mean ??

I got 5.05???? Or 5.02. 5. something anyway.
Original post by Failure360

Ahh how did u get that? :frown: sorry
I thought it was because they asked you to calculate the mean as well! Because on previous papers they usually give you an extra mark to calculate the mean if it is not given.

Maybe so.

I got 5.05

5.02 was the lower limit of my confidence interval with 5.08 being the upper limit if i remember correctly
Reply 71
Maybe so.

I got 5.05

5.02 was the lower limit of my confidence interval with 5.08 being the upper limit if i remember correctly

5.05 ± 0.2-0.3 roughly is what i got.

Bedroom/toilet q was 4 marks then?
Anyone know how you were meant to do it?
for the sd of the sample, did anyone use n-1 instead of n. Because i heard aqa are going to stop giving marks for just n , when calculating the mean or sd of a sample.

Only reason I could think of was a mark for noticing the 75ml thing tha
t tried to catch you out.

It caught me out too! Then when I got a negative value for the confidence interval, I was like you can't have a negative litre can you. Then I saw that it was ml so I changed my working. Oldest trick in the book is giving you info in different units.
Original post by uxa595
5.05 ± 0.2-0.3 roughly is what i got.

Bedroom/toilet q was 4 marks then?
Anyone know how you were meant to do it?

yh it was something like P(2toilets)/194 x P(3toilets/193) x P(4ormore toilets/192) all x6 = 0.095 (3dp)
Reply 75
What do you guys think the grade bounderies will be for an a and what do you guys write the second to last question?
Original post by mrxstardust
yh it was something like P(2toilets)/194 x P(3toilets/193) x P(4ormore toilets/192) all x6 = 0.095 (3dp)

how many marks would you get if you did all of this apart from the multiplying by 6 at the end?
Reply 77
OH I'm such an idiot I did 0.75 not 0.075. Great that's what 11 marks down the drain.

Me too :/
Original post by Lola213
What do you guys think the grade bounderies will be for an a and what do you guys write the second to last question?

what was it about I cant recall the question numbers, what was the question about?
Original post by CreativeSkyline
how many marks would you get if you did all of this apart from the multiplying by 6 at the end?

two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending