The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a texting buddy?

Scroll to see replies

Can someone explain this? I kinda like the sound of it haah! Where do you meet this person, or where do you get their number from? I'd like a random person to chat to sometimes :smile:
Reply 41
I was going to reply with a 'yes' till i read all the comments and now im confused. What is this exactly, like dirty texting a complete stranger? If so, no. I have a "texting friend" who I never meet up with unless we happen to genuinely bump into eachother (small town) but this might have happened like once or twice in the time we've known each other. It is genuinely just friendship and fun person to talk to :smile:. I also have another person like this on facebook - someone I met on holiday, nothing happened between us then (both werent single) and we've been talking since then, and are weirdly close! Its good to have someone you're probably never going to see again as were so comfortable around eachother and dont feel like were gossiping (we dont know eachothers friends, live 100s of miles apart) But we're weirdly good at giving each other advice on relationships/jobs/family etc haha :smile: and just a generally fun person to chat to. I realised the other day when i was busy working but had fb on in the background, i was ignoring everyone else due to work apart from a close friend, and this "friend".. it just struck me as odd im closer to this person iv met once than a lot of my "friends" ..

anyway yeah what is this texting buddy thing??
Original post by tpxvs

anyway yeah what is this texting buddy thing??

From my understanding/experience, it's just like having a penpal, except you text. I wouldn't have described it as flirty/sexting at all. It's just a random person you text in a friendly way.
Reply 43
Original post by popsicles3
Can someone explain this? I kinda like the sound of it haah! Where do you meet this person, or where do you get their number from? I'd like a random person to chat to sometimes :smile:

Same. It would be fun :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by llama-beans
From my understanding/experience, it's just like having a penpal, except you text. I wouldn't have described it as flirty/sexting at all. It's just a random person you text in a friendly way.

so a friend?
Reply 45
wtf is this texting buddy ****?
Sounds like a laugh... Id do it
Anyone can text me if they want to :smile:, provided they message/add me on facebook or twitter first (So I can check you're actually real and not 58 and living with your mother).

My twitter is @HeyyImRyan and you'll find my facebook link as my 'website' on my twitter profile. Knock yourselves out :biggrin:
Reply 48
I like this horror movie.

Just to recap, they were texting buddies, she stopped replying and now he's out for revenge.......ohh ok good film.
Original post by tpxvs
so a friend?

Not to start with, just a randomer.
Aw sounds quite fun. I used to have a couple of people who I met online in some sort of way and we'd email a lot. I used to talk to this guy who was in a boarding school in S. Africa I loved hearing about his life compared to mine. Wish I remembered his name...

I quite fancy one now actually. :P
Reply 51
Original post by llama-beans
Not to start with, just a randomer.

i dont get it, is there a go-to place to meet randomers for this purpose lol? I sort of intrepreted it as the kinda situation i have going on, someone that i know in real life but dont really meet up just the two of us but weirdly talk about almost anything on text.. just a handy person eg for when i needed to catch a train and the times had changed - i found myself calling this person to look it up on the internet rather than my close friends :redface:. Does anyone else do this? Like talk to other people more on facebook even about the smallest of things.. but with friends you just stick to the point, arrange to meet up/do something? ..or maybe its just me :L
Reply 52
Sounds kinda fun, especially when you're bored and feel like procrastinating.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 53
I'd enjoy some texting buddies, for sure!

PM me... I've sent PMs to whom that indicated they want to do it, lets get the chat flowing :P
Original post by tpxvs
i dont get it, is there a go-to place to meet randomers for this purpose lol? I sort of intrepreted it as the kinda situation i have going on, someone that i know in real life but dont really meet up just the two of us but weirdly talk about almost anything on text.. just a handy person eg for when i needed to catch a train and the times had changed - i found myself calling this person to look it up on the internet rather than my close friends :redface:. Does anyone else do this? Like talk to other people more on facebook even about the smallest of things.. but with friends you just stick to the point, arrange to meet up/do something? ..or maybe its just me :L

I guess, kinda. I found my first texting buddy on this site that Google used to do where it'd show you the last person's search or something. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though. Sounds a bit dodgy but it really wasn't.

Now I sortof have a texting buddy that I met on bebo all those years ago. He's a friend of a friend and we have met once, but now we just text each other at stupid times of the night when nobody else we know is awake.

But yeah. It's just a person that you only ever text; I don't suppose it matters if they're a randomer or a friend.

Edit: The website was called Mystery Google, but it changed it's name in 2009 to Mystery Seeker. People used to use it to set 'missions' hence entering contact details but it got too many complaints so a new website called Mystery Missions was set up, though it's only available in the US and Canada.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by popsicles3

It's like a penpal just a modern day version through text :tongue:
Original post by dongonaeatu
Pm me your numbers, ladies.

You again. Haha number in pm

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by biology.psychology
You again. Haha number in pm

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

what
I hear /b/ is good for that sort of thing.

Put your number on there.
Reply 59
I have issues with keeping contact with people and i'm basically a loner so I don't need one. Actually i have one which is also my best friend in real life. Anyway I prefer hanging out in person no need to text!!

Quick Reply

Latest