Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society Camping Trip! (And possible other Summer Fun Times)

Announcements Posted on
Join our Forum Game competition to win up to £60 in vouchers! 27-11-2014
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm not so sure my fiancee/parents would approve. :sad:
    Drunk depressed young adults? Why ever not? :P
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Drunk depressed young adults? Why ever not? :P
    Well, if last time is anything to go by.....vast amounts of puke might be reason number one for disapproving. :beard:

(Original post by alistair404)
    I'm not a member of the Society but I do have depression and would be interested in coming if that would be okay? And is there any age restriction so to speak?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Sensation
    There's no age restriction or actually any real restriction of any kind, although there does tend to be alcohol so if you're under 18 that might be a slight problem. But the more the merrier, maybe post in the society thread in the time leading up to the meet so you can get to know people.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well, if last time is anything to go by.....vast amounts of puke might be reason number one for disapproving. :beard:

There's no age restriction or actually any real restriction of any kind, although there does tend to be alcohol so if you're under 18 that might be a slight problem. But the more the merrier, maybe post in the society thread in the time leading up to the meet so you can get to know people.
    Ooh okay, I'm only 16 so that might be a problem? And yeah I definitely will post in the society thread

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Sensation
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll be able to make it but I'll see what I can do fix the date and I'll come if I can
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no clue about my summer plans so when you have set a date I will simply see if I can make it or not, if that's ok?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue what dates I'm available this summer, so like Idle I'll just let you know if I'm available after you set a date.
    • 91 followers

:ditto:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well I'd really like to come but I'm not sure how sensible it would be, so it would kinda depend on how things are a little closer to the time I think Has it been decided where it's going to be yet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to come, posted my dates on the poll but August is a bit ambiguous since I am taking my exams first time in the resit period because I can't take them at the moment and I only find out the week before when they are so will just have to let you know whenever I can.

ALSO

here is some bad news...

I CAN'T DRINK CIDER!! (had many a bad experience of it and it now even the smell makes me vom!)

Hope this doesn't rule me out ha!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Thanks for the invite I don't think I will be able to come because I'm going to be super busy over summer. I'm starting a CELTA course next week and then straight after it's finished I'm going travelling for a month or two.

Hope you all have a fab time though! Hopefully I can get to know you all a bit better and then come to a meet some time.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)
    Voting page won't load for me. :nooo:
    You still having problems?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    My birthday is July 8th. If the trip is over that I shall bring cake and buckets of alcohol to celebrate
    It kinda has to be this date now...

Much like some others, my availability is unknown.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    You still having problems?
    Le problem appears to have rectified itself. :beard:

• 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiB)
    I CAN'T DRINK CIDER!! (had many a bad experience of it and it now even the smell makes me vom!)
    Wut? Wut??? :eek2: But....but...but there will be lots of cider!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wut? Wut??? :eek2: But....but...but there will be lots of cider!
    I'm sure I will manage as long as I dont drink it. I van actually drink other fruit cider such as rekorderlig(?) but I spent 2 weeks on a RN ship offshore and all we drank every night was strongbow and since then I just cannot touch the stuff! I will just bring along some other suitable alcoholic beverage, no worries!
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiB)
    I'm sure I will manage as long as I dont drink it. I van actually drink other fruit cider such as rekorderlig(?) but I spent 2 weeks on a RN ship offshore and all we drank every night was strongbow and since then I just cannot touch the stuff! I will just bring along some other suitable alcoholic beverage, no worries!
    if you gonna drink Strongbow though...that's like the worst cider there is...get some Thatchers Vintage or Gold down you and be fine im sure either that or some of Superwolf's homemade stuff!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiB)
    Dear me. :no:

I'm not surprised tbh given you were drinking strongbow every night....horrible stuff.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    First off, thanks for inviting me! It means a lot

Secondly, sorry for the late reply D:

Finally, and on a sadder note, I doubt I'd be able to make it. I can't see myself being able to get down to the place sadly There's a few other issues too. I'll try and sort it out, but at the moment it might be a no
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlduffy)
    First off, thanks for inviting me! It means a lot

Secondly, sorry for the late reply D:

Finally, and on a sadder note, I doubt I'd be able to make it. I can't see myself being able to get down to the place sadly There's a few other issues too. I'll try and sort it out, but at the moment it might be a no
    We can help you arrange public transport, and the offer lifts from the station usually.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys just logged on TSR after many many weeks off!
    Where did you decide in the end?
    And like Idle and many others on this page, ill have to decide yay or nay when a date is determined!
    Thanks for keeping me included

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 21, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.