Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MY FINGER IS FALLING OFF, and im coughing up blood (pics)

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had a cold/sore throat for 2 weeks, it's gone now. But I still have a cough, and when I cough/spit up mucus, it's often orange/gold/dark yellow, also with blood in.
    My throat almost fully closed up, to the point where I couldn't swallow, I was even coughing up water i'd just drank, albeit only small amounts of it.
    My tongue is now red and has red spots all over it, it feels burnt but isn't as i've not had any hot food/drinks.

My finger nail looks infected, for a week i've been cleaning it none stop, pushing puss out, and now the skin over it has came off and it's exposed deep red sore skin. My nail hurts to push down and is a bit yellow.

I can't get a doctors appointment until next Friday, as I registered last week, I'm waiting for my nurse check up next Wednesday first.

HELP!?
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	292208_10150952770975590_629185589_12259714_1769358416_n.jpg 
Views:	675 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	148982  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to the hospital. That looks nasty. Like, ASAP.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    what did you do to your finger?
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dayum.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleak Lemming)
    what did you do to your finger?
    The medic in my flat thinks that it's a nail infection, it would seem as much, but I don't know what exactly to do.
    He said go to the docs, I can't for over another week - my exams start on Friday too, so that's great.

No idea if everything is interlinked, but maybe i'm thinking whatever is getting at my throat and tongue also got into my nail.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    I've had a cold/sore throat for 2 weeks, it's gone now. But I still have a cough, and when I cough/spit up mucus, it's often orange/gold/dark yellow, also with bloody in.
    My throat almost fully closed up, to the point where I couldn't swallow, I was even coughing up water i'd just drank, albeit only small amounts of it.
    My tongue is now red and has red spots all over it, it feels burnt but isn't as i've not had any hot food/drinks.

My finger nail looks infected, for a week i've been cleaning it none stop, pushing puss out, and now the skin over it has came off and it's exposed deep red sore skin. My nail hurts to push down and is a bit yellow.

I can't get a doctors appointment until next Friday, as I registered last week, I'm waiting for my nurse check up next Wednesday first.

HELP!?
    Sounds like you're under attack from multiple bacterial infections at once. You should really go to a doctor asap in order to get some antibiotics or whatever course of treatment is deemed effective. If you are up for it, book an appointment in the morning, failing that, go to A+E, your finger looks totally fuarked, and coughing up yellowish mucus is an indication of a deeply embedded bacterial chest infection
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Gurn Hard)
    Sounds like you're under attack from multiple bacterial infections at once. You should really go to a doctor asap in order to get some antibiotics or whatever course of treatment is deemed effective. If you are up for it, book an appointment in the morning, failing that, go to A+E, your finger looks totally fuarked, and coughing up yellowish mucus is an indication of a deeply embedded bacterial chest infection
    I really didn't think A and E would be very happy with me turning up at 4am, I know they're tried, busy with people dying or with nails in their feet. Idk, I just thought it wasn't serious enough to warrant the hospital.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    the finger thing probably isnt bad enough for A&E but coughing up blood definitely is. and 4am is when it's at its least busy!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    the finger thing probably isnt bad enough for A&E but coughing up blood definitely is. and 4am is when it's at its least busy!
    I've just called them, they said it's a three hour wait at the min right now for a doctor, hm, I was planning on being up all night, but, four hours - maybe longer?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't think A and E would be very happy with me turning up at 4am, I know they're tried, busy with people dying or with nails in their feet. Idk, I just thought it wasn't serious enough to warrant the hospital.
    Yeah, it probably isn't an 'emergency', i just suggested it in case you were in pain. More than likely, they'd prescribe a basic antibiotic (amoxicillin or something similar) and you'd be feeling better by tomorrow morning. If you're lucky (or if you ham it up a bit) you could be given cocodamol 30's or DHC (60mg extended release) for a week or so while the finger heals.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I once went to A&E with a bad stomach ache. They look at minor things as well, just go to the hospital. Just remember to exaggerate a bit so they a proper look and give you some proper medicine.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it probably isn't an 'emergency', i just suggested it in case you were in pain. More than likely, they'd prescribe a basic antibiotic (amoxicillin or something similar) and you'd be feeling better by tomorrow morning. If you're lucky (or if you ham it up a bit) you could be given cocodamol 30's or DHC (60mg extended release) for a week or so while the finger heals.
    I was just slightly worried that what i'm given will make me drowsy, or sick? That'd probably impact my exam performance more than a leaky finger that hurts when touched.

Thanks for the help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well it sounds serious with your throat closing up. it is better safe than sorry.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was just slightly worried that what i'm given will make me drowsy, or sick? That'd probably impact my exam performance more than a leaky finger that hurts when touched.

Thanks for the help!
    Chance of that is low. Yes, if you get given low level opiates for pain you'll be 'drowsy' but also feel euphorically excellent at the same time. You are unlikely to be scripted painkillers though.

Antibiotics? Unlikely to make you sick. If you're as ill as you say, starting a course will be much better than sitting it out - it could get worse, and you could be stuffed in your exam anyway. I'd really advise getting to a docs, but I guess I can't really judge the severity of the situation from here
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    The trick to A&E is to go in like you're on death's door - then they up your priority and 3 hours becomes 30mins. but srsly tsr isn't going to help here, get to A&E, get it looked at.

Edit - Love the negs :rolleyes: If you're flummoxed by sarcasm, don't fret, it can be a difficult concept :holmes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chance of that is low. Yes, if you get given low level opiates for pain you'll be 'drowsy' but also feel euphorically excellent at the same time. You are unlikely to be scripted painkillers though.

Antibiotics? Unlikely to make you sick. If you're as ill as you say, starting a course will be much better than sitting it out - it could get worse, and you could be stuffed in your exam anyway. I'd really advise getting to a docs, but I guess I can't really judge the severity of the situation from here
    Yeh, I'll go to a walk-in in the morning, I hate those places, last time I went I waited two hours and was told they don't do what I needed there...even though the receptionist said I'd be seen/treated. A two hour wait, in a room full of ill people.
    It'll be the same place too, all I got was a nurse, she was so rude. I was explaining my problem and I added that my eyes also go yellow/cloudy every now and again, and if she knew of possible reasons why. She screamed that I've not got jaundice and there's nothing they can do to diagnose my other issue, then told me to leave. ****
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    A&E isn't that dramatic and employees are paid to work early morning shifts. They're there to help you regardless of the time. I personally would go before it worsens. It could be symptoms to something very serious. Your call.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    A&E isn't that dramatic and employees are paid to work early morning shifts. They're there to help you regardless of the time. I personally would go before it worsens. It could be symptoms to something very serious. Your call.
    Yeh, I'll take the advice I got from everybody, the walk-in clinic it is, at 8AM
    Thanks!
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'll take the advice I got from everybody, the walk-in clinic it is, at 8AM
    Thanks!
    Mate go and see the doc! What the hell? Your finger is important! :eek:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Mate go and see the doc! What the hell? Your finger is important! :eek:

Yeh, im getting ready to go now, i'll let everyone know what beautiful infection I have later! D:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.