Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WJEC C2 Mathematics 18/05/12

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find today's C2 paper?

I thought it was pretty standard, but I missed out on 3b and 8b. It's so obvious what to have done now, now I'm out of the exam; really annoying. Can still get 68/75 (91-93 UMS) if all my other questions were right though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was quite nice.

Did everyone get \sqrt{73} for 8b?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the ambiguous angles question?!sat there trying to figure it out for 20 minutes O.O
    pretty nice paper though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perpetuallity)
    Thought it was quite nice.

Did everyone get \sqrt{73} for 8b?
    8b? is that the second part of the circles question?
    sorry, and i may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer was Sqrt49, therefore 7! :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What did people think about the first part of the Geometric Progression question? Think it was 5a! no one in my class i spoke to could do it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattymorse)
    8b? is that the second part of the circles question?
    sorry, and i may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer was Sqrt49, therefore 7! :/
    It was Pythag, I think.

Length of radius = 2 \sqrt{3} and distance between center of circle and T = \sqrt{61}

Then the length of RT = \sqrt{73} using a^2 = b^2 +c^2.

Edit: Should be 7, I drew my diagram incorrectly
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did people think about the first part of the Geometric Progression question? Think it was 5a! no one in my class i spoke to could do it!
    Rearrange the first equation to make a the subject, then substitute this into the second equation. It comes out nicely, and r=-\frac{1}{3} (If I remember correctly).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It went awfully for me, sadly! I learnt everything, but as soon as I got into the exam room I forgot practically everything but logs...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffee_Please)
    what did you guys get for the ambiguous angles question?!sat there trying to figure it out for 20 minutes O.O
    pretty nice paper though
    Can't remember my exact angles but have to use \frac{SinA}{a} = \frac{SinB}{b} = \frac{SinC}{c} to find angle Z. Use the CAST method to get two answers. Then Angle X is 180-19-Z_1 or Angle X is 180-19-Z_2 where Z_1 ,Z_2 are the two different angles you found for Z.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It was Pythag, I think.

Length of radius = 2 \sqrt{3} and distance between center of circle and T = \sqrt{61}

I also got an answer of 7 for this question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoundNRound)
    I also got an answer of 7 for this question
    Can you share you're method please?

Edit: I see what you did. \sqrt{61 - 12}=7. Yes, that's it I drew my diagram wrongly.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Edit: I see what you did. \sqrt{61 - 12}=7. Yes, that's it I drew my diagram wrongly.
    I actually made it way too complicated for myself and eventually used the sine rule to get the answer, it was so long winded i can't remember what i actually did lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Rearrange the first equation to make a the subject, then substitute this into the second equation. It comes out nicely, and r=-\frac{1}{3} (If I remember correctly).
    Damn! Thought it might have been substitution, though I tried it and it didnt come out! Only question I know I definitely got wrong! Pretty confident for 90+ ums

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Yeah this is the method I used

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn! Thought it might have been substitution, though I tried it and it didnt come out! Only question I know I definitely got wrong! Pretty confident for 90+ ums

I know I've lost at least one mark for that \sqrt{73} blunder. Hopefully I'll get ecf or something. Everything else seemed fine.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the integration question (graph)??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica-May)
    what did everyone get for the integration question (graph)??
    I don't have the question paper with me so this will be vague, but I integrated the straight line with limits 0-4 and then added on to it the quadratic with limits 4-6. Can't remember my answer though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astonix)
    I don't have the question paper with me so this will be vague, but I integrated the straight line with limits 0-4 and then added on to it the quadratic with limits 4-6. Can't remember my answer though.
    I minus them :/ but will hopefully get ecf marks :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was Pythag, I think.

Edit: Should be 7, I drew my diagram incorrectly
    Ha awww did the same as you.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    So many bits I waffled about, random number. Especially that Sine and Cosine rule question on that annoying XYZ. . Overall I think I could have done better. Not as nice as C1 though. Also how did you form an equation to satisfy x in that triangle question?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.