The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2012 <strong><font

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucozad
But, wasn't there a mistake on last years paper, that's why people did so bad and got really low. I actually rather have slightly higher boundaries and a paper with no mistakes.

But, yeah dreading this exam.

yeah, but as well as that it was just a ridiculus paper ( i actually thought the question with the mistake was the easiest) there was a simplex with w,x,y,z and slack variable s,t,u,v :angry:, there wasnt enough time, but because of the low boundaries i got 100ums wheraes in the 'easy' papers i got nowhere near that - my wording isnt preise enoug and i make stupid mistakes
Reply 401
Original post by Mr M
No, not after it has been manipulated.

So would there be any marks for using the sum to infinity limit to try and get the right answer? Obviously my answer was wrong so I've definitely lost one of the two marks for this, but a method mark by any chance?

Original post by 8xNinjax8
So would there be any marks for using the sum to infinity limit to try and get the right answer? Obviously my answer was wrong so I've definitely lost one of the two marks for this, but a method mark by any chance?

I can't remember what you were asking about now - I have answered dozens of other questions since.
Reply 403
Original post by tooambitious
yeah, but as well as that it was just a ridiculus paper ( i actually thought the question with the mistake was the easiest) there was a simplex with w,x,y,z and slack variable s,t,u,v :angry:, there wasnt enough time, but because of the low boundaries i got 100ums wheraes in the 'easy' papers i got nowhere near that - my wording isnt preise enoug and i make stupid mistakes

I could be like that, let's just hope we get a good paper this year. I thought the Core 1 and 2 paper this year was pretty straight forward. I still managed to make silly mistakes in Core 1, i think i got 60ish, Core 2 i think I got somewhere 60-65. Therefore I have to do really well in Decisions if I want to get an A this year.
Original post by Lucozad
I could be like that, let's just hope we get a good paper this year. I thought the Core 1 and 2 paper this year was pretty straight forward. I still managed to make silly mistakes in Core 1, i think i got 60ish, Core 2 i think I got somewhere 60-65. Therefore I have to do really well in Decisions if I want to get an A this year.

Fingers crossed!
Reply 405
Fingers crossed!

How well did you do in your Core 1 and Core 2 Exams?
Original post by Lucozad
How well did you do in your Core 1 and Core 2 Exams?

99 C1 (i did it in Jan, becasue i do FM), according to Mr. M it looks the same for C2
Reply 407
99 C1 (i did it in Jan, becasue i do FM), according to Mr. M it looks the same for C2

That's really good.
Original post by Lucozad
That's really good.

Reply 409
Hi Mr. M,

I don't understand how you got 2/3 in question no.3 part i.

Could you explain how you worked it out?

Because I did 72/360 and I got 1/5.

:frown:

Thank You
Reply 410
Original post by akuj
Hi Mr. M,

I don't understand how you got 2/3 in question no.3 part i.

Could you explain how you worked it out?

Because I did 72/360 and I got 1/5.

:frown:

Thank You

72 * pi/180
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries are likely to be on this i'd assume they're low cos it was a particularly good paper?
Reply 412
Original post by shootthepoets
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries are likely to be on this i'd assume they're low cos it was a particularly good paper?

Do you mean Good as in Hard ? :s-smilie:, because if you mean the paper was easy, they are bound to be higher, am I Right?
Original post by Scott Lucas
here's the last question if you still need help

last question c2 2012.jpg

thanks mate seems so easy now, but when I was in the exam I was like :s-smilie:

fml
Reply 414
What are we thinking then guys for 80UMS and 90UMS then in terms of raw marks? Anyone brave enough to guess?
Reply 415
Original post by Joey15
What are we thinking then guys for 80UMS and 90UMS then in terms of raw marks? Anyone brave enough to guess?

60-62 for 80 UMS :/
Reply 416
Guys, for 8ii) I used the whole factor theorem thing to divide it out, got the two brackets, but then instead of getting (x+1)(x+2)(x+3) i got (x+2)^2(x+3) for some reason..how many marks out of the 5 do you reckon id get? :/ and also for 8i) I did ALOT of crossing out and scribbling out, but got the right answer in the end, would i get full marks for it or would i lose method marks if the examiner didn't see all of the steps? Thankyou :smile:
I saw someone comment on the forum saying how question 7 was not on the syllabus and how her college is going to appeal that question. Could you verify whether or not this was on the syllabus or not?

Original post by g33kym0nk3y
I saw someone comment on the forum saying how question 7 was not on the syllabus and how her college is going to appeal that question. Could you verify whether or not this was on the syllabus or not?

There was nothing outside the specification in this exam.

Quick Reply

Latest