Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Foundation Courses for Fine Art

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I am thinking of applying to Goldsmiths and UCL in fine art whom suggest that you complete a foundation year. I haven't done a foundation year in art and I don't think those univesities offer it? I couldn't find it on their websites.

I still want to try and apply for these courses and have done a lot of extra art work and attended workshops in different skills such as printing and life drawing.
    I'd be happy to hear some past experiences and advice! ♥
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you want to do your foundation year in 2012/2013, or next year? I am afraid that for the first it's a bit late, no? don't think that there is a foundation course on goldsmiths...but you can easily find foundation courses in and around london...

I am myself doing research at the moment (not sure whether to apply for foundation or directly BA...but it seems like a classic dilemma )and found a lot of foundation courses in the whole UK that seem attractive to me (not in london though...too expensive for me...)..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babsiloi)
    do you want to do your foundation year in 2012/2013, or next year? I am afraid that for the first it's a bit late, no? don't think that there is a foundation course on goldsmiths...but you can easily find foundation courses in and around london...

I am myself doing research at the moment (not sure whether to apply for foundation or directly BA...but it seems like a classic dilemma )and found a lot of foundation courses in the whole UK that seem attractive to me (not in london though...too expensive for me...)..
    I would be starting in 2013. Yeah - I've heard a lot of people haven't needed to do the foundation course too.
    Either way, I don't mind too much because so many people have said how beneficial they are!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.