The Student Room Group

Mei fp1 100ums grade boundaries may 2012...?

Ok I was just wondering I know my mark for the exam because our teacher gave us a mark scheme and I got 70/71 out of 72 depending on whether mr examiner is feeling generous I was just wondering what the chance of me getting 100UMS is with around 70/71 out of 72 anyone have any idea? Thanks

Also hope anyone that did the paper did well (If anyone wants an unofficial mark scheme send me the paper and I'll do it I have all the questions right just wrote down my answer wrong from my working and hence lost 1 or 2 marks if im unlucky!)
Reply 1
Ive had a look on the AQA ums converter and for the last two years in june, 100UMS has needed 75/75. Could you post the mark scheme please so i can check my answers :smile:
Reply 2
DOES ANYONE DO MEI M2?
Please pm me.
Reply 3
Original post by albus
DOES ANYONE DO MEI M2?
Please pm me.

i do and i have pm'ed you but spamming my thread doesn't help.
Reply 4
Original post by eddieb189
Ive had a look on the AQA ums converter and for the last two years in june, 100UMS has needed 75/75. Could you post the mark scheme please so i can check my answers :smile:

im not going to make a mark scheme until i get the paper as i want to make sure i dont forget anything but if you tell you your answers I CAN confirm whether they are right
Reply 5
Im pretty sure given the difficulty of the paper that you would need 72/72 for a 100 in this, yours will be high 90s, most like 95-98 imo.
Why do you want specifically 100 UMS? It won't help your uni admissions much, if at all, and depending on which modules you take, it will be the most useless module you take in further maths.

Nevertheless, it's basically just a flip of the coin whether you get 100UMS or not. It really just depends whether there was a particularly hard question in the exam.

That's a different exam board. That's FP1 done by AQA, the OP is talking about FP1 by MEI.

Totally different questions.
Reply 9
For the past couple of years you've needed 72/72 for 100UMS. This year was an easy paper, so I'm guessing that's where it'll stay. 70/72 will probably be between 96-98UMS.
Reply 10
Original post by CHY872
That's a different exam board. That's FP1 done by AQA, the OP is talking about FP1 by MEI.

Totally different questions.

It appears i have stumbled upon the wrong thread. Apologies
Reply 11
Original post by CHY872
Why do you want specifically 100 UMS? It won't help your uni admissions much, if at all, and depending on which modules you take, it will be the most useless module you take in further maths.

Nevertheless, it's basically just a flip of the coin whether you get 100UMS or not. It really just depends whether there was a particularly hard question in the exam.

I simply want 100 UMS for bragging rights, little bit disappointed now considering I actually had the right answer whilst I was doing some rough notes on some spare paper I had requested and somehow managed to copy it down incorrectly to my answer booklet ah well guess I will have to be contempt with 98-99UMS not the end of the world just a shame.
Reply 12
Original post by Silent--ly
For the past couple of years you've needed 72/72 for 100UMS. This year was an easy paper, so I'm guessing that's where it'll stay. 70/72 will probably be between 96-98UMS.

Where do you find this information out because on the ocr mei grade boundaries it just says raw marks needed for A (80UMS) not 100UMS
Reply 13
Original post by mora11
Where do you find this information out because on the ocr mei grade boundaries it just says raw marks needed for A (80UMS) not 100UMS

If you find the difference between the raw grade boundary for an A and the one for a B, multiply the difference by 2 and then add it to the mark for an A, that gives the mark for 100UMS. Or at least it does for Edexcel, so I would expect it to be the same for other exam boards. In this case the result is 73, so it would be expected that you need full marks for 100UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending