The Student Room Group

NFU Mutual Grad Scheme?

Hi all,

Just applied for the NFU Mutual IT Professional Trainee Scheme, anyone else gone for it? Anyone on here been for it before or even better, on it?

I've had a bit of a dig for detail, but I've only found what's on their site - access to all areas of IT, then some fixed placements - although to be honest, I'm more interested in the fact they're looking at 2:2s and the benefits package (£23k start, flexitime and a bonus etc isn't bad at all for the Midlands). I just don't know what to actually expect from the company? Time for some research I guess..

Process on their website says: CV -> Verbal/Numberical Tests -> Youtube Presentation (This one scares me, anyone got any advice?) -> Assessment Centre (once again, anyone done one of these/know what I should expect?) -> Face-to-Face interviews

Any help would be great, or just a flavour of the competition! hah

-A
Reply 1
I applied for and got on their finance grad scheme last year - been working at NFU Mutual for about 8 months now. PM me if you want any help, or want to know more about the company, or what to expect from the recruitment process.
Reply 2
Hi, i was wondering if i could have your email add wanted to ask for help re - nfu mutual assessment centre? Thanks Poonam
Reply 3
Original post by Lyncho
I applied for and got on their finance grad scheme last year - been working at NFU Mutual for about 8 months now. PM me if you want any help, or want to know more about the company, or what to expect from the recruitment process.

Hi Lyncho,

Can I get your email? I have an assessment day for the Governance and Risk Scheme this month.
Anyone going for the Professional Trainee Scheme - Sales & Business Management Scotland or have any experience of the grad scheme recruitment process? The Assessment centre guidance states that they expect a 15 minute presentation followed by 10 minutes of follow up questions - which would make it the most involved Assessment centre I have ever attended. I mean, just in terms of script, that is around 1,500 words alone and they make it sound like I need to be producing heavily researched answers. Glassdoor ratings say it is an easy day, but from what they ask for it sounds hellish. My research presentation for one of my honours courses in uni required less work on the face of it.
Original post by alasdair8
Anyone going for the Professional Trainee Scheme - Sales & Business Management Scotland or have any experience of the grad scheme recruitment process? The Assessment centre guidance states that they expect a 15 minute presentation followed by 10 minutes of follow up questions - which would make it the most involved Assessment centre I have ever attended. I mean, just in terms of script, that is around 1,500 words alone and they make it sound like I need to be producing heavily researched answers. Glassdoor ratings say it is an easy day, but from what they ask for it sounds hellish. My research presentation for one of my honours courses in uni required less work on the face of it.

Alasdair, have you had your assessment centre day yet? mine is in Northern Ireland next Monday, can you give me any tips?
I just got rejected at the final interview stage. Assessment centre for me was presentation, roleplay and group task. In group make sure you let others speak and focus on the qualities that NFU want such as customer service/benefit and fairness. Also on roleplay make sure you get agreement and some sort of result - this is essential. Lastly, make sure your presentation isn't the end of your information, be prepared for follow up questions and some random ones about brexit and the insurance industry.
Original post by alasdair8
I just got rejected at the final interview stage. Assessment centre for me was presentation, roleplay and group task. In group make sure you let others speak and focus on the qualities that NFU want such as customer service/benefit and fairness. Also on roleplay make sure you get agreement and some sort of result - this is essential. Lastly, make sure your presentation isn't the end of your information, be prepared for follow up questions and some random ones about brexit and the insurance industry.

Great, thanks for the information. It's a pity you didn't get the job, keep moving forward and get the next one. Follow up questions like competency based questions? Ok, I'm well up to date on Brexit from recent interviews, any tips for answers on the insurance industry? Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending