The Student Room Group

Aqa info 3 - 12/06/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by 01nathan
There is a really good practice paper done by zigzag for June 2012 based on the pre release with the mark scheme it is a fantastic resource however i only have the first paper, does anyone have the second. This would be so beneficial for all of us !

can you upload the 1st one please?
Reply 121
Original post by xCindiix
About the system development methodoligies, do we have to know about RAD and agile??
they arent covered in the book :frown: i only know iterative and linear

Yes thats what our teacher thought us aswell only linear and iterative. I didnt even know RAD exists until today to be honest :biggrin:
I dont think you should be worried.
Reply 122
About the system development methodoligies, do we have to know about RAD and agile??
they arent covered in the book :frown: i only know iterative and linear

They're covered in the AQA A2 ICT book by Nelson Thornes. I think they usually just ask about iterative and linear though, because if you look at jan 2012 paper, it didnt ask specifically for a type of methodology it left it broad at simply "linear vs iterative"
Reply 123
does anyone have a definition for business goals and ICT strategy?
Reply 124
Any ideas on emerging ICT Technologies ? im gonna cry if the last essay question is on that, i have nooo idea what to write

Cloud computing, Blu-ray and Flash memory are all emerging technologies. I dont really know much about Blu ray and flash memory but ill explain cloud computing and hope it helps you a bit.

Cloud computing is the provision of services over the Internat, which organisations can subscribe for a fee.

One advantage of using this technology to organisations is that organizations may find subscribing to a service supplied by a third party costs them less than developing the ability to perform the task themselves in house. Organisations only need to subscribe to a service for as long as they require it. organisations do not need to concern themselves with reliability and keeping the service up to date, as these tasks are performed by their service provider.

Disadvantages of using this technology is that organisations may find managing subscriptions to third party suppliers difficult, and may end up subscribing for longer than necessary.
Reply 125
Original post by Sarzy94
can you upload the 1st one please?

I have look on previous posts
Reply 126
Original post by Chemzoik
http://www.malvern-wells.worcs.sch.uk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=31520&ResourceId=4598430

Second paper, no mark scheme :frown:

Errr... Anybody have the mark scheme for the second zigzag paper?

I also cannot find the mark scheme :frown:

Can anyone help us out here?
Reply 127
Any ideas on emerging ICT Technologies ? im gonna cry if the last essay question is on that, i have nooo idea what to write

The only topics I can see coming out of the Emerging Technologies chapter would be either mobile working or iCloud storage (also came up in this year's INFO 1). Read up on both and I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Reply 128
This subject truly is b*llocks.
Does anyone actually understand where they were going with this syllabus; or are you in the same boat as me where you don't fully understand but you know what statements to put down in relation to key terms within the question?
Reply 129
Any predictions for Section B???
Reply 130
soo stressed... tbh i have not even touched the topics :frown: im soo gonna die...!

can some1 please summarise the case study reali briefly? it might just help me :frown:
Reply 131
Btw guys thanks a lot for all your notes 👍 it actually helps a lot :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 132
Original post by cerenctn
Linear and interactive are the development methodologies.

Linear methodology has waterfall method to develop the systems.
Waterfall is basically when the project is divided into sequential phase.Tight control is maintained over the life of the project through the use of extensive written documentation, as well as through formal reviews and approval by the user and information technology management occurring at the end of most phases before beginning to next phase.

Iterative methods include prototype technique. This means going through a process several times and coverage on a suitable solution ans so basic principles of an iterative methodology is that the phases are not standalone but an approach to handling selected parts of a traditional methodology.

Strength of waterfall:
Ideal for supporting less experienced project teams and project managers.
DEsign reviews helps to ensure the qua;oty, reliability and maintability of the developed software.
Progress of the system is easliy measurable.

Weaknesses of waterfall:
Inflexible, slow costly and cumbersome due to significant structe and tight controls.
System performance cannot be tested until the system is fully coded
Produces excessive documentation and keeping it updated as the project progresses is time consuming.

Most suitable for the development of mainframe based systems, where there are clear objectives and no pressure for an immediate implementation.

Iterative prototyping strengths
It deals with inability of users to accurately specify their information system needs and the environment they will operate in.
Can be used to improve communication between system developers and other project stakeholders.
Quicker compared to waterfall methodology.

Weaknesses:
Insufficient documentation may result ion too little records being kept for future maintenance and support.

Hope that helps :smile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH :smile: It helped alot!
Original post by tworld
would we all say team Endurance are likely to win the task? I think one of their major floors is not talking to the business administration team? i.e. the users of the system? should this go against them?

The "..and we guessed they had nothing more to add" made me chuckle a bit :P

AQA afternoon exams start at 2pm dont they? i was convinced all the afternoon exams start at 2 but then a friend said she has one at 1pm...bit worried im gonna turn up an hour late lol!
Reply 134
Lool dont all afternoon exams start at 1:30pm :s-smilie:
probably different for all schools?
Reply 135
All i'm gonna say is - I'm screwed tomorrow! Just hope the paper is decent and do-able with common sense!

btw. thanks guys for posting practice papers and notes!
Reply 136
Good luck all! May whoever you believe is up there be with you!
Reply 137
Can anyone provide me with notes for topic 2?? Please realliii need it :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 138
Writing my notes on here actually helps me to revise better.
So guys, dont foget that they might ask us to choose the best team and in this case we might have to use the success and failure points and apply to the pre-relasie material and i think that would make a good essay.
So there are some reasons why projects fail or succes...

SUCCESS:
One key factor to succes is getting the management involved in to the project. Managers needs to understand the problem's solution, the benefits of the solution to the organisation, the cost of the solution to the organisation and they should be involved in all stages. We can apply this point to team Endurance because they did involve Scarlet Price where as team Hope havent involved Scarlet.

Another factor is end user involvement. If the user is involved and their opinions required as the system develops they wil feel ownership of the system and be keen for it to succeed. They will tell the developers whether or not the suggested design features are practical and they will make modifications and improvements. So in our pre-release material we can apply this factor to team Hope as they have communicated with business admin team.

Effective team work is another factor for success. This where the team members should be selected carefully to complement each other so that together they possess drive, skills and knowledge necessary for implementation. Whole team should work to agreed standards.

FAILURE:
If inadequate analysis are undertaken there will be insufficient understanding of the nature of the problem as the important factors will be missed.

Unrealistic project plan can also result in failure. Clear timescales must be established so that a project can be monitored using deadlines for the completion of various stages. The management and the project team must establish agreed deliverables which should fully meet the user's requirements.

It is also important that team leader dont lose control in the project. If they do, the project will fall behind schedule..
Reply 139
Goog Luck everyone i hope the questions are easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending