Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How do you manage time?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you manage time in problem questions? I'll be having my Land paper in 10 days time and I'm hoping to do problem questions. My question is how do you manage time? I almost always take 1 hour for the first question, 45 mins for 2 and 3rd and I'm left with 30 or less minutes for the last. It always happens to me. Can anyone please help? I'm talking about discussing all the relevant points in time as I'm aiming for 65-70% How much is sufficient and What should I avoid writing?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    First of all, DONT PANIC. The most effective way to manage time is by being organized and perhaps the content you write you cut it in terms of being very precise and focused on the question asked. Perhaps, a little plan at the start of each question (2 min max) would help to stick to a specific structure and time.

PRACTIVE IS THE BEST WAY TO MANAGE TIME IN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I'VE LEARNT.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    With problem quetions, like with essays, you need to focus on the key points. Right at the start you need to work out what the most important issues are. Make sure you don't spend too much time talking about a peripheral issue and make sure you don't spend too much time on a single point.

The only way to do this is to plan. You should spend at least 5minutes sketching out a plan with rough timings and STICK TO IT. If you start writing without planning properly you will almost certainly spend too much time talking about minor points.

You also need to practice as much as you can. Once you have practiced sticking to 45minutes, you will naturally fit your essays into that time and won't even have to look at the clock to know you are taking too long.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.