Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

My and non-extremist peoples view to draw Mohammad day

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Weren't the person in the DMD thread wishing the death of certain people? This is ironic.
    oh i didn't realise i was speaking to you.. ? oh right because i wasnt
    and yeah.. it was on **** people
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    what is this DMD thread about? (or more specifically, what is DMD?) think another user mentioned it...
    is the thread still alive?
    Draw Muhammad Day.

And yeah, the thread was closed lol.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    Draw Muhammad Day.

And yeah, the thread was closed lol.
    i feel quite stupid now
    i didnt notice the 'day' in this thread, thought it was drawing in general... my argument is still valid in general, though it kind of changes the dynamic sadly...

i was contemplating what DMD could mean

Daily Mail Disaster
    Decision Maths Decided (module for Alevel edexcel maths, where thread somehow got sidetracked)
    Delusional Man Drives
    Destroyed Marriage results in Death...

regarding the day, im not sure, im on the fence... on one hand theres freedom of expression, on the other hand, whats the point in having a day? similar to what i said before, what is the intent behind it? is it even real? :lolwut:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    i feel quite stupid now
    i didnt notice the 'day', thought it was drawing in general... kind of changes the dynamic of my argument...

i was contemplating what it could mean

Daily Mail Disaster
    Decision Maths Decided (module for Alevel edexcel maths, where thread somehow got sidetracked)
    Delusional Man Drives
    Destroyed Marriage results in Death...
    LOOOLLLLLL!! All very good possible answers though! And probably more interesting than Draw Muhammad Day.

regarding the day, im not sure, im on the fence... on one hand theres freedom of expression, on the other hand, whats the point in having a day? what is the intent behind it?
    Yeah I know what you mean. If people want to draw Muhammad for the sake of it, but not to offend and create a fuss then I spose that's ok. But I suspect that it has less to do with freedom of expression, and more to do with people purposefully trying to p*** off Muslims. I think everyone knows full well that these pictures will not be nice ones, they'll probably be purposely offensive.

But, this does not give Muslims an excuse to go on violent rampages and start throwing death threats around. That is equally as childish as the people they are apparently opposed to. Murdering people because you are offended is a pretty mental thing to do.
    If I went around murdering all the Muslims that have offended me they'd string me up lol!

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Long story short: No need for Draw Muhammad Day, no need for violent reactions either.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOOOLLLLLL!! All very good possible answers though! And probably more interesting than Draw Muhammad Day.
    i should work as the guy that makes headlines for tabloids :pierre:

Yeah I know what you mean. If people want to draw Muhammad for the sake of it, but not to offend and create a fuss then I spose that's ok. But I suspect that it has less to do with freedom of expression, and more to do with people purposefully trying to p*** off Muslims. I think everyone knows full well that these pictures will not be nice ones, they'll probably be purposely offensive.

But, this does not give Muslims an excuse to go on violent rampages and start throwing death threats around. That is equally as childish as the people they are apparently opposed to. Murdering people because you are offended is a pretty mental thing to do.
    If I went around murdering all the Muslims that have offended me they'd string me up lol!

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Long story short: No need for Draw Muhammad Day, no need for violent reactions either.
    Exactly this.
    provoking is stupid, over-reacting is also stupid

make a day for this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ
    since the like/dislike bar is quite cool given the vast number of ratings...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleha)
    oh i didn't realise i was speaking to you.. ? oh right because i wasnt
    and yeah.. it was on **** people
    This is a forum. In case you need the definition...

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
    A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Note: that does not imply an isolated discussion between people who you want to talk to. When you post on here and discuss ideas (i.e. your desire to see some people dead), anyone is free to respond if they are registered. If you truly want an isolated discussion, take it to PMs/VMs.

Whether they were **** people or not, wishing that people die is as disgusting as it comes. The irony is when you say 'I wish there were more decent human beings like you'. I suppose you were not talking about yourself because that would be a blatant contradiction.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Summed up to the tee. :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do think draw Muhammad day is a bit silly, though more because idiots jump on the bandwagon and create deliberately offence drawings, rather then neutral peaceful drawings.

It is important to show freedom trumps religion though.

Interestingly it's a very good opportunity for Islam to demonstrate that is the the religion of peace, as it goes great lengths to tell us as such. They should not let petty drawings phase them, just ignore them. Christians generally ignore offence things and rise above it, which is what you should do.

I could draw the Christian God without fear of reprisal (despite it being a sin, thus stain glass windows and carvings of angels confuse me), but I honestly couldn't say the same about drawing an image of Muhammad, even if it was a very artistic piece of him preaching to a crowd for example. Muslims used to draw Muhammed...long ago, I wonder what shifted to make it such a source of rage...

If this were created by me now, would it incite a negative response?

• 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E.Blackadder)
    yes, like more drawings of muhammed...
    Well, I was thinking something a bit more serious, with Olympics coming around the corner and all...

Stuff like this (including burn Qur'an days), which serve no real purpose, is basically adding unnecessary fuel to the fire. The one's who benefit the most from this aren't those who "support freedom of speech", but rather groups like Al Qaeda, who are looking for every opportunity to gain more inside recruits.

Let's all hope for a peaceful :2012:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is interesting;

That’s what Facebook user Douglas Armstrong wondered too. “You created an event inviting people to submit pictures of Mohammed,” Armstrong wrote. “And apparently you’re so new to the Internet that you didn’t foresee what would happen?”

Although Wellington had abandoned his cause, he apparently was sticking around to answer questions. To Armstrong’s question, Wellington responded: “I guess I had more faith in human nature than was warranted.”

It's the Internet, of course people are going to draw offensive pictures (on purpose), glad the person regrets it atleast.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    This is a forum. In case you need the definition...

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
    A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Note: that does not imply an isolated discussion between people who you want to talk to. When you post on here and discuss ideas (i.e. your desire to see some people dead), anyone is free to respond if they are registered. If you truly want an isolated discussion, take it to PMs/VMs.

Whether they were **** people or not, wishing that people die is as disgusting as it comes. The irony is when you say 'I wish there were more decent human beings like you'. I suppose you were not talking about yourself because that would be a blatant contradiction.
    i was quoting someone directly actually and i wasn't exactly going to send a private message to someone for a message as small as that :s

and who are you to decide whether I'm decent or not? It's simply your opinion, I think you're a faggot that should really go and get a life and that your username sounds like a medicine for diarrhea, but that's just my opinion So thank you for that time you spent finding me a definition though I didn't need it, I'm glad to see that I'm worth your time goodbye now.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boohoo. I fully support Draw Mohammad Day and think it serves a very important purpose.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    read the kid example i gave
    "if a primary school kid draws a pic in RE class that shows everyone holding hands, rather than outrage at the existence of said drawing, note the intent of the child is most likely going to be innocent... 'intent' being the main word"

are you going to tell this nonsense to a kid that meant no harm? not everyone wants to incite hatred you know...

by your reasoning, an eye for an eye works both ways... if the situation gets worse, why not tell the people who were provoked the 'eye for an eye' bullcrap...

not react to homophobic people? youve given an example of when to ignore... why not do the same about this thread? more specifically, regarding scenarios when intent was not to provoke or cause anger?

who said anything about fighting? your thread is about drawing, the gay analogy was about spreading equality/viewpoints...

if i put myself in other peoples shoes, i can tell that the prophet is important to them, which is why i wouldnt draw anything obscene (not that i have any reason to draw that in the first place)... but if a kid draws one like in my example, and it causes anger, wheres the sympathisation? a kid obviously doesnt mean to spread hostility and anger...

it works both ways... dont lecture one side of people and not the other... thats being hypocritical...

do you ignore 'haters' or just people who simply disagree with you and want to discuss? because it seems like the latter
    None of my quotes refer to a "kid".
    If a kid drew Muhammad in an RE class then their is no problem. I'm sure the teacher will EDUCATE
    ("education" is what I have been saying over and over for people like you)

him and explain why not to draw muhmmad because it might offend muslims.
    Most muslims wouldn't mind this.

The people drawing muhmmad are full grown people and adolescents looking for nothing better than to incite hatred.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    None of my quotes refer to a "kid".
    If a kid drew it in an RE class then their is no problem. I'm sure the teacher will EDUCATE
    ("education" is what I have been saying over and over for people like you)

him and explain why not to draw muhmmad because it might offend muslims.
    Most muslims wouldn't mind this.

The people drawing muhmmad are full grown people and adolescents looking for nothing better than to incite hatred.
    bloody hell OP, it doesnt matter... i posed a damn hypothetical question... what if it was a kid... educate what? tell him/her that its wrong to simply draw a picture despite the kid having no ill will towards it? :lolwut:

and im not blind, you dont need to freaking size 7 your sentences... youve just been dopey-ly flinging that around.... dont you think people who overreact to a kids drawing need to be educated ... are you seriously implying im ignorant? :facepalm:

like i said, its about the freaking INTENT behind the damn drawings... doesnt matter if theyre adults...

whether this is about DMD or not, i find it disgusting, that you would imply that people who, in whatever circumstance, draw (for not a negative purpose) are somehow ignorant biggots...who need educating...

and to imply regarding your thread title, that all non-extremists will share your view....shame on you OP... do you think im an extremist?

you see how stupid putting words in size 7 font is?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell OP, it doesnt matter... i posed a damn hypothetical question... what if it was a kid... educate what? tell him/her that its wrong to simply draw a picture despite the kid having no ill will towards it? :lolwut:

and im not blind, you dont need to freaking size 7 your sentences... youve just been ignorantly flinging that around.... dont you think people who overreact to a kids drawing need to be educated ... are you seriously implying im ignorant? :facepalm:

like i said, its about the freaking INTENT behind the damn drawings... doesnt matter if theyre adults...

whether this is about DMD or not, i find it disgusting, that you would imply that people who, in whatever circumstance, draw (for not a negative purpose) are somehow ignorant biggots...who need educating...

and to imply regarding your thread title, that all non-extremists will share your view....shame on you OP... do you think im an extremist?

you see how stupid putting words in size 7 font is?
    I don't see why you say you are not extreme and then not agree with me.

Like I said for the 10th time if it's drawn with no ill will then it is OK, they are just taught not to draw it, so that it doesn't offend muslims.

It's like going right up to a muslim and licking a sausage in front of their face.

Look I don't mind if people draw it in their homes, as long as it doesn't incite hatred.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    I don't see why you say you are not extreme and then not agree with me.

Like I said for the 10th time if it's drawn with no ill will then it is OK, they are just taught not to draw it, so that it doesn't offend muslims.

It's like going right up to a muslim and licking a sausage in front of their face.

Look I don't mind if people draw it in their homes, as long as it doesn't incite hatred.
    anyone who disagrees with you is an extremist right? :facepalm: look at the picture one of the users posted, there is clearly nothing negative with it.... what i have a problem is when people get their panties in a twist and become outraged over something as that... there is nothing wrong with the pic ffs...

it a picture shows something outrageous then id understand the offence, but to a peaceful drawing? its an OVER REACTION and i dont agree with it... and it doesnt help when people like you generalise and imply all drawings are offensive...

bullcrap... if you truly understood that, then we wouldnt be having this discussion... if it has no ill will, why should people be taught not to draw it just because it some other people will find offence even though there is nothing to be angry about? this is why i think you ignore people who disagree with you, an eye for an eye works both ways, why not simply tell people to not overreact to simple, non negative drawings? why just lecture those who draw? its not fair...

do you even understand your own example? licking a sausage right in their face can imply they mean they want to offend (like drawing bad pictures), but that doesnt mean im not allowed to eat a hot dog in a non-in-your-face-way... (like drawing something that is not offensive)

if you really thought that, then what is the point of this arguing?
    if the intent is not to incite hatred, then why did you say regarding the kid in my example, that its okay, the teacher is there to educate, as if its okay, the teacher will tell him next time its wrong?...

lets get this clear, as confirmation of why this argument exists...
    1) a person draws a picture, there is no ill will, not a negative picture, some people get angry... who is in the wrong?
    2) do you believe all pictures should not exist, including those that bare no negative attitude, this may not necessarily be restricted to just being seen at home....?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I do think draw Muhammad day is a bit silly, though more because idiots jump on the bandwagon and create deliberately offence drawings, rather then neutral peaceful drawings.

It is important to show freedom trumps religion though.

Interestingly it's a very good opportunity for Islam to demonstrate that is the the religion of peace, as it goes great lengths to tell us as such. They should not let petty drawings phase them, just ignore them. Christians generally ignore offence things and rise above it, which is what you should do.

I could draw the Christian God without fear of reprisal (despite it being a sin, thus stain glass windows and carvings of angels confuse me), but I honestly couldn't say the same about drawing an image of Muhammad, even if it was a very artistic piece of him preaching to a crowd for example. Muslims used to draw Muhammed...long ago, I wonder what shifted to make it such a source of rage...

If this were created by me now, would it incite a negative response?

This, though im wondering if someone will report you because of the picture, despite the fact that there is nothing negative/wrong going on in the picture...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This, though im wondering if someone will report you because of the picture, despite the fact that there is nothing negative/wrong going on in the picture...
    Because presumably, the intent behind the picture is different.

The artist who depicted the Prophet in this instance (although still wrong according to Muslims) did not do it for the sake of ruffling feathers and provoking a reaction.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stay on topic please guys and use normal font sizes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaDesert)
    Because presumably, the intent behind the picture is different.

The artist who depicted the Prophet in this instance (although still wrong according to Muslims) did not do it for the sake of ruffling feathers and provoking a reaction.
    looking at the second part of your post, i assume by 'different' you mean misunderstanding the intent?

one would expect, that if the artist wanted to ruffle feathers/provoke, that he/she would draw something that actually fits said purpose. it is just sad when censorship occurs despite there being nothing sinister in the work

(Original post by Facticity)
    Stay on topic please guys and use normal font sizes.
    sorry about that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.