The Student Room Group

OCR B (Advancing Physics) G492, 25th May 2012 Afternoon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucozad
I am so dreading results day, every time I think about I feel like killing myself. And stupid exams like this and decision's are going to make it a whole lot worse for me.

Original post by firebolt
Don't be so negative, It will probably be fine :smile:

also which was the standing wave question? I don't remember it?

Original post by NumberMania
hey i was just wondering if i would be penalised for the question about the pillar being pushed into the ground...for the part asking about why it travels less after each drop is it ok to simply put 'more work needs to be applied to travel the same distance, so with the same level of force it will travel less after each drop', as i did not mention the resistance increasing

Original post by NumberMania
as well as this, would i lose marks for using the force i worked out as approximately 43,500J/0.85m to work out average force or would i have needed to use 40kj...thankyou

Original post by DJMayes
I don't know; not particularly worried either.

@firebolt: The standing waves question was the question about the microwaves being reflected into the detector.

@NumberMania: From what I have seen you wouldn't normally lose a mark for using the more accurate value in the next part of the question. At most you would lose 1 if you still worked it out using the other given values and the correct method.

How did y'all do? I only just got an A!! soooo pleased :smile:
I got an A too. Hope the exams aren't as weird for A2 though.
I got a B but not far of an A so really happy with that :smile:
Full marks :biggrin:

Had to stop myself from fist pumping in front of everyone, I wasn't expecting that!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 324
Original post by DJMayes
Full marks :biggrin:

Had to stop myself from fist pumping in front of everyone, I wasn't expecting that!

What do you plan to study at University?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 325
I got 130/150... OK I guess. Educated guessing didn't go as well for the first unit, only 70/90 :\. Still an A overall 254/300, my weakest AS level.

I was very lucky with my unfortunately irrelevant (as I'm most likely dropping it even though I have 271/300) first Biology exam. It was my first exam, I felt tired, and I was sure my bullsh*tting wouldn't pay off too well. I somehow got full UMS in it haha.
Original post by Andy16
What do you plan to study at University?

Maths.
Original post by Andy16
Take your clothes off

Hahahahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending