The Student Room Group

OCR B (Advancing Physics) G492, 25th May 2012 Afternoon

Scroll to see replies

Yeah that's what I thought, but I was wondering if anyone had them anywhere else??
Original post by HarryWright94
Yeah that's what I thought, but I was wondering if anyone had them anywhere else??

Scene as I'm not from that school, I don't, but someone from there might :smile:
Original post by ohodgkinson
Scene as I'm not from that school, I don't, but someone from there might :smile:

Cheers, yeah hopefully someone turns up!!
Reply 83
waaa this is tomorrow! clashes with french which is brill, so i'm sitting for 4 and half hours in isolation woooo
Reply 84
Original post by HarryWright94
??

there are no answers to the second set lol
has anyone got the january 2012 mark scheme for this paper??? I really need it
Reply 86
Anyone got any hints on what questions are definitely going to come up and the common equations used? I know some, just wanna make sure I don't miss any out :wink:
Reply 87
Original post by Waqar.
Anyone got any hints on what questions are definitely going to come up and the common equations used? I know some, just wanna make sure I don't miss any out :wink:

You definitely need to know the VUSAT equations;

a = (v - u) / t

v = u + at

v2 = u2 + 2as

s = (u+v)/2 x t

s = ut + 0.5 x at2

EDIT: All of the above are on the data sheet, but they are nice to know. Make sure you know which are on the data sheet and which are not.

Also some random ones I don't think are on the data sheet;

Force = mass x acceleration

Work done = force x distance

Power = work done per second (Work done / time)

Power = force x velocity

Energy = planck's constant x frequency (mainly used for photons)

de Broglie wave equation: wavelength = Planck's constant / momentum

Frequency of electron phasor = Kinetic energy / Planck's constant
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Andy16
there are no answers to the second set lol

Ahh crap!!
Reply 89
On the mark scheme is says an answer is 1.6x10^17 (1)m (1)e

What does that mean?
Reply 90
Someone helpp me! Im so unprepared :frown: Can we ask each other questions? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by master y
Someone helpp me! Im so unprepared :frown: Can we ask each other questions? :smile:

Id say yes but atm im just learning the long answers given in the mark schemes :wink:
Reply 92
Original post by Waqar.
On the mark scheme is says an answer is 1.6x10^17 (1)m (1)e

What does that mean?

Interesting. Normally when something is in brackets, it's when something is rounded. As in if the answer was 7.43m, they would write it in the mark scheme as 7.4(3)m. But in your context it seems different. Maybe a mark for units?

Pre-release looks okay.
1st article seems like they'll ask us some random questions, maybe some definitions and a questions using the basic V=IR formula.
3rd article doesn't look too bad, probably get asked about error there as well.

Was wondering if you guys could help me with the second article. And this is probably going to sound stupid. But, what exactly am I plotting to find Planck's constant? I'm assuming frequency goes on the x-axis, but on the y, do I put the Vs values? Or do I place Vs x e, which gives me E, on the y axis?
I know the equation is E=hf, but E is not the same as Vs, right? E is = Vs x e(electron charge), correct?

Thanks.
Reply 93
Original post by sasha231496
has anyone got the january 2012 mark scheme for this paper??? I really need it

January 2012 mark scheme:
Reply 94
Depending on th question, sometimes E = Q * V (V being voltage)
Reply 95
Original post by TeeZee
Interesting. Normally when something is in brackets, it's when something is rounded. As in if the answer was 7.43m, they would write it in the mark scheme as 7.4(3)m. But in your context it seems different. Maybe a mark for units?

Pre-release looks okay.
1st article seems like they'll ask us some random questions, maybe some definitions and a questions using the basic V=IR formula.
3rd article doesn't look too bad, probably get asked about error there as well.

Was wondering if you guys could help me with the second article. And this is probably going to sound stupid. But, what exactly am I plotting to find Planck's constant? I'm assuming frequency goes on the x-axis, but on the y, do I put the Vs values? Or do I place Vs x e, which gives me E, on the y axis?
I know the equation is E=hf, but E is not the same as Vs, right? E is = Vs x e(electron charge), correct?

Thanks.

Basically, our teacher asked us to plot it... the x-axis was frequency (x10^14 or whatever) and the y-axis was E. The gradient of the straight line will be h (Plancks constant). So... yeah your right :biggrin:
We've got this guys... I tried the Jan 11 paper and it's throwed me a bit but I feel like I know all the content so what can I do. Not that knowing the content helps at all with Physics B...
Original post by Lucozad
Some resources

where are the questions for the last document?
Reply 99
Original post by annamackenzie
where are the questions for the last document?

Its to big to upload

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending