The Student Room Group

Stduying Dentistry Abroad in Spain at UEM

I've recently signed up to study Dentistry in Valencia, Spain at the UEM. I found out about the University through a friend and I went to check it out last week.

I went for this choice because it was cheaper than other Unis in Spain and I didn't really want to go to Eastern Europe. I also prefer the thought of the Spanish language to learn and use than say Hungarian or Czech.

Was just wondering if anyone else has applied here? Wanted to get some ideas on accommodation and people's thoughts on moving abroad to study.
Reply 1
hey, ye, i applied to uem myself. just got my place recently. what did you think of the equipment and facilities etc. with regards to accommodation... the agency i went through said that they would help with finding accommodation and all other paperwork.

what did you think of UEM??
Reply 2
Hi, Ive recently been accepted to UEM for the dentistry course and just want to know what the start date for the course is and what agency did you guys go through?
How much do you guys have to pay for this course?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can I have a website link as well? I want to apply at UEM??

Reply 5
Iv also been accepted on the course starting this September. It be nice to get acquainted with anyone else who is starting this September so anyone going UEM doing dentistry please message me :smile:
Bump can I have website link pleaseeeee

Reply 7
The website is gdc-spain.org

And you go through a guy called rohot Patel, hope that helps :smile: x
Original post by tashaj94
The website is gdc-spain.org

And you go through a guy called rohot Patel, hope that helps :smile: x

Thank you soooo much! By the way I've checked the GDC website and UEM is not listed as a recognition in the uk?!?!?

Reply 9
I'm not sure what that means about it not being recognised lol. But once you've done your degree you can definitely come back and practice in the uk because Spain and the uk are both part of the EEA, you should be able to find tht info on the gdc website (: xxx
Reply 10
If you actually ring and speak to GDC , they say that any University within EEA is recognised throughout the EU so you should be fine
Hello,the website isnt working, can someone link me the website please
Reply 12
Is this course taught in english? how did you guys apply for it because the fees are much cheaper than cardinal herrera university too, I am very interested? and from this forum I can only see good things about it
Reply 13
Why are you all assuming auto recognition??? Your degree title has changed and it's grado which means your uni has to inform you it's not currently gdc recognised, if they're not then they're lying. Ask gdc to confirm in writing that uem is recognised and see their response as they won't do it, same problem with uch ceu and all the lies and bull**** they tell you just to hook you in. Be warned and really think again about joining either of these uni's. I'm a current student and its nothing but a scam, I get nothing out of it by posting this but since I was cheated on I will continue my feeds so the people are warned and don't make same mistakes I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
would you be interested in talking to me if I sent a private message

Keen to get the low down
Original post by CEU2013
Why are you all assuming auto recognition??? Your degree title has changed and it's grado which means your uni has to inform you it's not currently gdc recognised, if they're not then they're lying. Ask gdc to confirm in writing that uem is recognised and see their response as they won't do it, same problem with uch ceu and all the lies and bull**** they tell you just to hook you in. Be warned and really think again about joining either of these uni's. I'm a current student and its nothing but a scam, I get nothing out of it by posting this but since I was cheated on I will continue my feeds so the people are warned and don't make same mistakes I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your currently a student, so your are you going to stay with them?
Reply 16
what option do i have? ideally no, i want to get the h... out right now
Reply 17
im in ceu btw, not uem, from what i hear, they sound so much more normal, then again everyone thought ceu was like that
Reply 18
Anyone else has questions regarding spanish universities, the admission process or converting grades?

I'm spanish and live in Spain, though I attend a British School and am currently taking A levels, however I know the spanish system as my friends go to spanish state school and I might do a postgraduate in Spain (Or even a graduate if my family's income continues to decrease). Si, I don't minding helping anyone that needs advice concerning this...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending