ReputationRep:
    Wapping

10 mins walk to the District/Circle
    10 mins walk to the East London Line
    10 mins walk to the DLR

Quiet, nice, not too fancy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are most of you guys living alone or in a flatshare? Just considering the pros and cons of each.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Regent)
    Are most of you guys living alone or in a flatshare? Just considering the pros and cons of each.
    Two bedroom flat, and I sublet the second room (legally!).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Regent)
    Currently share with one other guy but living alone would be more ideal. No matter how well you get on with someone they will eventually get on your nerves. I rarely see my flatmate and he still manages to irritate me by leaving stuff around and not cleaning often enough.

Maybe Im just an unsociable **** but id rather just have a flat/house to myself and do as i please.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student and I live in Harrow. I would love to live in White City though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    South London but I work in the city so it's alright.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemnomnom)
    Sounds rather neo-nazi to be honest.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemnomnom)
    why white city lolol? that place is awful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in a house in London. oh yeah. .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hammersmith
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good old Whetstone.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fail@maths)
    For all the London professionals on here. Where do you live in London?
    In a small little town called Ruislip
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one here who's a Chingford person?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madmachine)
    No no no no no just no. Ilford is clearly deep in East London. It's archetypal East London Asian Land. It's zone 4 FGS. It's a zillion times more urban than Woodford which is E18 (london postcode) If you lived in Romford or Upminster then maybe you could claim to live in Essex as those areas are miles away from Central London and pretty close to the border with Essex, but Ilford? That's like claiming Edmonton is in Hertfordshire. If you need anymore proof Ilford is in the London borough of Redbridge, It is well within the Greater London boundary, All bus services are provided by transport for London.
    Ilford is in Essex. This is well established.

If you ignore the town centre and anything south of it, most of Ilford is middle class and leafy as you would expect from a home county.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mitcham, the home of cricket...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's excellent up around Finsbury Park.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lived at quite a few places during my London years.

Started out by commuting from Winchester as in 2003 when I was first transferred to London, lived in my granddad's house. Oh yeah I arrived on a Saturday and by Monday I was already at work, they did ask me if I wanted help finding a place for my relocation but LOL being a hero I told them I could manage it, thinking I'd have a week or 2 to find a place... LOL It didn't happen as up until moments before I had to make it for my flight I had meetings at the office.

After that I lived in Bayswater, did a flatshare as I got rather tired of commuting and I thought it'd be better for me to be closer. Flatmate was actually my immediate manager. It wasn't a good idea as the boundary between home and work got blurred. Did 3 months and after I moved again.

Lived in Chiswick after that, also a rather small flat, lived on my own here. It wasn't bad but then I had an offer by someone made an offer to rent it at the upper end of market price.

I then moved to Chipping Norton , in the Cotswolds. LOL... this like ideas go was a bad one, had 82 acres of land around the house. I had no idea that lawns didn't mow itself especially during the times I was based longer term in Shanghai. But the thing that got to me was the commute especially when you had to do it at 1am

Finally moved to Richmond, where I remained till I moved on to Zurich.

Truth be told, no matter where you live, chances are there would be several times that where you will be living would be at office
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've recently completed an internship in Central London and I blogged about the different accommodation options I looked into here:

http://staceymdove.blogspot.co.uk/20...in-london.html

Hope it helps!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I first moved to London I lived in Dulwich, quite enjoyed it was quiet and had good transport.

I live in Surrey now and much prefer it here to be honest. Excellent commute in, much greener and it is such a relief to get out of the city

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 18, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.