The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A double revive? Jesus Christ...

This thread is from 2012.

EDIT: Never mind then...

To anyone considering P plates, don't bother with them, there's really no need. Sure, they tell other people that you've recently passed... But that's not always a good thing to be 'shouting' out, other drivers may pull more risks to get in front of you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by liverpool786110
Pointless things! Took em off 2 weeks after passing.

I never had them. I swear they are just an excuse for other drivers to abuse you. I didnt want that abuse, so thats why i didnt bother.
Original post by Emma:-)
I never had them. I swear they are just an excuse for other drivers to abuse you. I didnt want that abuse, so thats why i didnt bother.

I understand your frustrations 100%. They just signal go other drivers this guy hasn't got a clue how to drive lets just make his/her life a misery.
Original post by liverpool786110
I understand your frustrations 100%. They just signal go other drivers this guy hasn't got a clue how to drive lets just make his/her life a misery.

Exactly.
And they are just excuses for the t**t drivers out there to drive like even bigger t**ts
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Emma:-)
Exactly.
And they are just excused for the t**t drivers out there to drive like even bigger t**ts

Haha loool those aren't gonna go anytime soon :frown:
Reply 25
So I thought I would revive this thread once again. I was considering P plates until reading all the post on this thread. Thanks for the help :smile:
I still use P plates even though i've passed my driving test 7months ago, it dosen't really bother me really. It's actually quite funny having the P plates on, what i typically do is that I drive slower than normal on roads and when someone does try and over take me and when we are mirror to mirror i full throttle the car and zoom off I go. I drive a Ford Fiesta red edition 140bhp so it's got some boost to it.
Original post by 1311grant
I have been driving for 6 weeks now after passing my test first time, i drive almost every day and i like to think im a good driver and very confident. I drive a 1.0 litre car and im not a boy racer or anything. I have had P plates on my car for the past 6 weeks as my parents have forced me to keep them on, however there becoming more of a hindrance than a help. I think people just see the P plate and automatically think im a terrible driver and ive been overtaken 3 times despite sitting right on the speed limit each time. I've told my mum i think i should take them off now but she says i should keep them on for another 6 MONTHS!!!!:eek:

She says that if i crash my insurance will go up and i won't be getting insured anymore (fair enough) but she seems to think P plates are some sort of thing that makes it impossible to crash! She says that people see the p plates and give you more room and are more considerate (are they FU**). I didn't mind wearing them at the start but now when im out with people and they're like "oh have u just passed?" and im like "no i passed 6 weeks ago" it can get quite annoying. How can i convince her that im probably safer with them off!?

Does anyone else use P plates and do they find them useful and how long did u use them for?

Thanks.

Bruh p sign is for pussies I've passed 4 months ago and I drive fine without they don't make you magically become a safe driver and also people will overtake you as they think your a pussy driver
Reply 28
Original post by classicalmusic
I still use P plates even though i've passed my driving test 7months ago, it dosen't really bother me really. It's actually quite funny having the P plates on, what i typically do is that I drive slower than normal on roads and when someone does try and over take me and when we are mirror to mirror i full throttle the car and zoom off I go. I drive a Ford Fiesta red edition 140bhp so it's got some boost to it.

Original post by stack__
Bruh p sign is for pussies I've passed 4 months ago and I drive fine without they don't make you magically become a safe driver and also people will overtake you as they think your a pussy driver

This thread is from 2012.......
My instructor told me not to use them. I was getting overtaken dangerously just because the plates were on (noticeably stopped getting overtaken as much once they were off, almost literally overnight). Some drivers think that they're better than everybody else already, so giving them a sign to reinforce that belief probably isn't going to improve their driving much.

EDIT; ****, sorry for necropost. I'm half asleep and should have noticed.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending