Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did you buy COD again?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Trololol)
    Exactly, they don't give themselves enough time to make a decent game. Hell, they haven't had a new game engine since CoD 4 so it's a five year old game engine they keep using :/ The Frostbite engine at least keeps getting updated and you can see the difference with every battlefield game.

I'm a hardcore Battlefield lover but I really think that CoD could be great and awesome once more if Activision and IW stopped thinking about money and sales, instead put effort and time into their games again.
    Yeah, totally. IW, Treyarch and Activision make the bulk of the sales during the first few weeks of the launch.

To be honest, the only reason why i would be inclined to get black ops 2 is because of my friends, and secondly because i wont have any more exams.

I'm gonna buy BF3 pre owned probably because I've been meaning to for a while.

Did you play Battlefield 1943?

I absolutely loved that game, it was pretty well balanced between the power/accuracy of the guns. And of course, being able to fly the jets....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Yeah, totally. IW, Treyarch and Activision make the bulk of the sales during the first few weeks of the launch.

To be honest, the only reason why i would be inclined to get black ops 2 is because of my friends, and secondly because i wont have any more exams.

I'm gonna buy BF3 pre owned probably because I've been meaning to for a while.

Did you play Battlefield 1943?

I absolutely loved that game, it was pretty well balanced between the power/accuracy of the guns. And of course, being able to fly the jets....
    Lol, my two best mates want me to buy Black Ops 2 as well but I'm not budging on it. I won't buy games just because everyone else does. I'm a bit too hipster for that

If you get a chance, do buy battlefield 3. It's more tactical and team based. I like it because only in battlefield I could get only about 10 kills but still get the 1st MVP ribbon for the match because I revived and healed my team so much.

I've had a go at BF:1943 :3 I used to use that for learning to fly jets in Battlefield 3 before the rent-a-server came out
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Trololol)
    Lol, my two best mates want me to buy Black Ops 2 as well but I'm not budging on it. I won't buy games just because everyone else does. I'm a bit too hipster for that

If you get a chance, do buy battlefield 3. It's more tactical and team based. I like it because only in battlefield I could get only about 10 kills but still get the 1st MVP ribbon for the match because I revived and healed my team so much.

I've had a go at BF:1943 :3 I used to use that for learning to fly jets in Battlefield 3 before the rent-a-server came out
    yeah, you get rewarded for doing other things in BF, as you said, healing teammates...

I love the trolling videos on youtube where people use the c4 and plant it on vehicles. It's too jokes xd
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you get rewarded for doing other things in BF, as you said, healing teammates...

I love the trolling videos on youtube where people use the c4 and plant it on vehicles. It's too jokes xd
    You get rewarded for being a mobile spawn point. It's awesome.

Sticking C4 on camping snipers is even more trolly XD I haven't done it yet but I really want to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hurr durr call of dooty hurr bezt gaem evar guise

No seriously you pay £40 for a game which has just been re-skinned, not improved at all. Minor tweaks which ruined the game even more.

The only people left playing the games:
    -12 year olds
    -Stupid girls
    And some teenage idiots who think their has been "ground breaking improvements"

Everyone else moved onto:
    -Killzone
    -Gears of war
    -battle field
    -Crysis
    - onto PC gaming
    and the rest I cant be bothered to name
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Why did you buy COD again?"

I didn't.. (I've owned two Call of Duty games - Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 and the latter was a not-asked-for gift).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Do you play COD on PS3? If so PM me your psn maybe we can play a few games .
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyJo)
    Do you play COD on PS3? If so PM me your psn maybe we can play a few games .
    Got ps3 xD.

PSN: GBR_underdog_ (make sure you include the underscore after the underdog.)

Yeah what game you want to play? Im gonna buy two games after the exams :
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got ps3 xD.

PSN: GBR_underdog_ (make sure you include the underscore after the underdog.)

Yeah what game you want to play? Im gonna buy two games after the exams :
    Whichever, I have them all . I'll add you later.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't an improvement in gameplay from bf2 to bf3.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You do in Black Ops from what I remember. Granted it's only 50 XP. The problem with is that the points system are too similar for each game mode, meaning some modes are not played in the spirit it is meant to be. For example, in Kill Confirmed I've seen players refuse to claim tags so the game lasts longer and they build up a longer killstreak potentially. You need not immediately claim a tag as it can be a death sentence but this is not the case I'm speaking of. If they rewarded two tag claims/denies for a killstreak it might prevent kill whores. Then you get idiots on Domination who play as if it was team deathmatch when having a numerically inferior number of capped flags. I singlehandedly capped a flag in COD4 on Strike, being 2-1 flags down, and seeing my team's score suggested we were killing more of them than us, so I decided to camp near it. Once we went 2-1 flags up the score overturned in my team's favour and won convincingly in the end.

(Original post by tanveer2k12)
    hurr durr call of dooty hurr bezt gaem evar guise

No seriously you pay £40 for a game which has just been re-skinned, not improved at all. Minor tweaks which ruined the game even more.

The only people left playing the games:
    -12 year olds
    -Stupid girls
    And some teenage idiots who think their has been "ground breaking improvements"

Everyone else moved onto:
    -Killzone
    -Gears of war
    -battle field
    -Crysis
    - onto PC gaming
    and the rest I cant be bothered to name
    Perhaps. COD is not alone with minor improvements, if at all, with subsequent releases. I used to play on FIFA and PGA and had every edition from 07 onwards until 10 because of the poor online multiplayer shelf life. At least I can still play online multiplayer on COD4, which was released in 2007, but I can't in any EA Sports title. PGA also committed the "ultimate crime" in making TPC Sawgrass as DLC. At least in COD I can't think of any epic maps that are DLC only. Some maps were made DLC in MW2 that were not DLC from COD4 but at least you can still play COD4 online. As for COD being played by 12 years olds? And? As long as they don't act like douchebags I don't care. I've heard insults, not directed to me, by adults on the game so I've had to switch off communications unless they're from friends. This is annoying because mutual friends in my party have to add me to communicate when playing on MW3 as the Xbox dashboard doesn't allow a feature I'd be after. And I've heard of a lot of abuse from people who play FIFA too.

It's up to gamers to not buy titles to force changes. There's only so much change a shooter, or any other range of title, can have though. If they don't copy and paste from themselves, they copy and paste from others (e.g. Motorstorm 3 ripped off Split/Second, Full Auto ripped off Supercars). I used to play beat-em-ups a lot but I thought they were the worst offenders for lacking intuition. The last beat-em-up I played was Soul Calibur 4. Apparently Mortal Kombat 9 had a decent story to the game for a beat-em-up but I've never played it.

I'll be playing Halo 4 now that Gears of War has finished. Halo was my first shooter I played online.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.