The Student Room Group

Do you revise all subjects equally?

Poll

Which subject do you revise most?

Do you spend equal time on all subjects, or have priorities?
Personally, I spend most of my revision on further maths due to my uni offer
:smile:

glad i didnt take chemistry!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I completely neglect Physics.

Mind you, that isn't because I'm good at it/find it easy, it's actually the opposite reason :sadnod:
Reply 2
Definately! I've done very little geography revision (just hoping i get some good questions), fairly little maths and then mostly biology and chemistry - too many facts!!
Reply 3
I spend very very little time on biology & english. Most of my revision times is spent on chemistry. I spend 5 times more time on chemistry.
Reply 4
I'm trying not to revise Biology as much as Chemistry because I need to get a high B/A in the final paper to get a B overall in Chemistry, while I only need to get a C in the Biology paper to get an A overall.
It's hard though, since I much prefer Biology so I find revising it more enjoyable. xD
At GCSE, I deliberately avoided revising German and English (and ICT, but only because the exam was cmmon-sensical). At AS though, I am concentrating on all equally (except general studies).
Reply 6
I'm dodging Chinese at the moment :colondollar:
Reply 7
I tend to neglect subjects I find hard.. Completely counter intuitive but I lose all my motivation when I'm finding my other subjects relatively easy :s

However, towards exam time (ie now) I tend to spend my time more equally :smile:
Reply 8
I don't revise english language as much as I should as I'm always writing essays or staying up half the night revising biology.

I'm not going to bother including general studies even though it is the A I am hoping to get for my ABB offer for Nottingham.
Reply 9
I tend to neglect revising Geology and Biology my main priorities are on Chemistry/Maths my 2 hardest subjects :smile:
Reply 10
I mostly revIse maths and then chemistry and then English, because I fInd maths the hardest and therefore I have to spend mOre time on it
Reply 11
Let me put it this way. I've only just come to realise that chemistry isn't my only subject.
Reply 12
I put a lot more time into Chemistry and Biology, I prioritise what I think is most important and where I need the most work :smile:
In trend of revision lately:

Biology > Physics > Chemistry > Philosophy and Ethics

I'm utter crap at biology.
Physics is my favourite subject.
Chemistry is fine.
Philosophy and Ethics I just can't be asked.
Reply 14
I barely revised for my AS English Language exam. I was spending too much time revising for History :frown:
I have not neglected any of my subjects, but I have been spending more time on History as I feel more confident in the other two.
Reply 16
I feel as if I need to dedicate most of my revision "blocks" to Literature but I end up doing very little due to the fact that its so difficult to have focused revision in that subject.
That'd be rather a waste of time.

Only revise something if you think you actually need to. When I took my A-levels, the only subject I did revision for was Law as it's a subject that actually requires you to recite dozens of specific cases.

Everything else was very easy to memorise.
Oh HELLLL no.
Maths: Some revision, mainly just get stuff done in lesson, do Mixed Excersizes and papers.
Music: Haha no.
Physics: This is the one i barely revise for.
Chemistry: SOOO MUCH REVISION!
Reply 19
Original post by anuradha_d
Oh HELLLL no.
Maths: Some revision, mainly just get stuff done in lesson, do Mixed Excersizes and papers.
Music: Haha no.
Physics: This is the one i barely revise for.
Chemistry: SOOO MUCH REVISION!

hey do you have any revision notes on edexcel english gcse poetry?
if you do please share them with me thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending