Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Economics Unit 1, Competitive Markets. Friday 18th May 2012 Pm.

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Since the old thread is closed, and its now past 4:30 AM the morning after, I thought I'd ask everyone how they found it?

I found it a good paper, the multiple choice was harder than usual, but section B was great! (I did question 9). How did everyone else find it? and how did you answer them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh i did Q 10 anyways quick question , in the short answers what did you get for the price mechanism question ??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The answer about the rationing function i believe : ) how about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    urmm rationing aha i think i said signalling, i said it was nt to eliminate shortages or surpluses, i said it wasnt to reduce inequality, and i said i was nt to eliminate excess something so i think i put B Did you get that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do you remember the question? D: i honestly have no idea >.<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I said signal as a change in price signals to the producer to extend or contract quantity produced.

:/ I would love for a mark-scheme to come up soon.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceyy)
    I think I said signal as a change in price signals to the producer to extend or contract quantity produced.

my bad! this is what i wrote, for my definition i explained that it had 3 functions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceyy)

Yeah thats what i thought! lol , did you do q10 by any chance??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did, however that was the questino which I left til the end of the exam as my head couldn't get around it in the 30th minute.

You don't know the options do you? I eliminated that it was a public good though which was option A.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceyy)
    I did, however that was the questino which I left til the end of the exam as my head couldn't get around it in the 30th minute.

You don't know the options do you? I eliminated that it was a public good though which was option A.
    Urm i think public good was for the pension question tbh, i was gonna ask fo q 10 part a did you get two shifts in demand and supply for the diagram?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wa 007)
    Urm i think public good was for the pension question tbh, i was gonna ask fo q 10 part a did you get two shifts in demand and supply for the diagram?
    Oh my bad, for some reason I got confused between Question 8 and 10. No, I did question 9 about the rise in tuition fees.

Part a and b were piss easy, but c,d,e will be the difference between me getting an A and me getting a D.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceyy)
    Oh my bad, for some reason I got confused between Question 8 and 10. No, I did question 9 about the rise in tuition fees.

Part a and b were piss easy, but c,d,e will be the difference between me getting an A and me getting a D.
    ahh right, no worries, back to short answers did you get D for the first question that the PPF shifts outwards?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was much harder than previous years and got a few of the SC muddled up at the beginning :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wa 007)
    ahh right, no worries, back to short answers did you get D for the first question that the PPF shifts outwards?
    Oh god, no. Uhmm, W to Z or something which was the two points inside the PPF because it increased the EFFICIENCY of the resources used.

Tbh, I really need to see the question paper because I can't clearly remember the questions and answers to many of them =/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceyy)
    Oh god, no. Uhmm, W to Z or something which was the two points inside the PPF because it increased the EFFICIENCY of the resources used.

Tbh, I really need to see the question paper because I can't clearly remember the questions and answers to many of them =/
    I put that too

I think the Pensions one was the assymetric information because for people who work in the private sector pensions aren't public goods?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i put public goods for that question ^ and yeah i put the 2 points inside the PPF
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did the 2009 mock paper as revision and half of the same stuff came up in the multi choice

The essays were more frustrating though - I forgot to define terms.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay anyways i put assymetric info for the pensioners too, but who s gonna post the paper?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spaz Man)
    I did the 2009 mock paper as revision and half of the same stuff came up in the multi choice

The essays were more frustrating though - I forgot to define terms.
    Which question did you do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper really hard. Short questions were horrible. Usually there is something about positive / normative statements, XED , consumer / producer surplus, supply / demand or some calculation. None of those came up!
    And I did the commodity question. The last question about EC was not good at all. I just wrote down definitions, tried to give examples, diagram and an explanation of diagram. I had no idea what are the ECs of those genetaically modified crops...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.