about right? low or higher?
Reply 42
Original post by osama2
grade boundaries?
32= A*
27= A
about right? low or higher?

I think they look about right :smile:
somebody please put a unoffical mark scheme????
Reply 44
Original post by Ketchup!
I put colour. Lol. :|

I put how much oxygen would be released haha
Reply 45
can someone tell what they wrote for the carbon dioxide question , where you have a graph
Reply 46
Original post by osama2
what did everyone put for the capsule one? said it needs to be in a capsule because if it was released it would go in the stomach which had a high PH. this wuld denature the enzyme. what did everyone else get?

I put that lipase is not realeased until the duodenum so the contents of the capsual woudnt be released until there because lipase would break down the lipid shell.
Reply 47
would i get any marks for the capsule question?
i put: if it was released before then it would go in the stomach. the PH will be too high and cause the enzyme to denature.
any marks for this?
Reply 48
is it me or this exam was similar to june 2011? and the grade boundary for that was 26=A*
Reply 49
Original post by osama2
would i get any marks for the capsule question?
i put: if it was released before then it would go in the stomach. the PH will be too high and cause the enzyme to denature.
any marks for this?

I'm not sure, what did everyone else put?
Reply 50
Original post by Dugald
I'm not sure, what did everyone else put?

when it made contact with the bile the capsule would dissolve thus releasing the enzymes
Reply 51
On a better note the farming question was an easy four marks
Reply 52
What do people think it will be for an A*???
Reply 53
well the exam was similar to the june 2011 one. and the grade boundary for an A* was 26. but i really dont know, maybe 30/31.
Reply 54
Hope so! I have lost like 10 marks definitely and a few are stupid mistakes! So annoying!
Reply 55
do you know thw question about the superfarms. i believe you were meant to write an advantage and a disadvantage for both traditional farms and super farms. as the question stated to compare them
Reply 56
The question about photosynthesis and respiration in plants where it asked you how much carbon dioxide the plant used in photosynthesis at a certain time, the answer was 33 wasn't it? The net change in carbon dioxide was 22 units but then you had to add on 11 because that is how much it used in respiration. Are you in agreement?
Reply 57
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.
for 8a i put Hh and Hh. then i wrote that 75% have the disease. and 25% dont. now i was refering to MY genetic diagram and NOT to the cats. will i still get 4 marks? because in my genetic diagram i got HH, Hh, Hh,hh. so hh would be normal but the rest would have the disease. PLEASE ANYONE?
Reply 58
Original post by osama2
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.
for 8a i put Hh and Hh. then i wrote that 75% have the disease. and 25% dont. now i was refering to MY genetic diagram and NOT to the cats. will i still get 4 marks? because in my genetic diagram i got HH, Hh, Hh,hh. so hh would be normal but the rest would have the disease. PLEASE ANYONE?

I did exactly the same thing for this question, I really hope I get the marks too but I don't know :/
Reply 59
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for this exam. Is it true that they are pushing the grade boundaries up to make it harder for people to get an A* because thats what my teacher was telling out set :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending